Previously on The Marketing Book Podcast to discuss his book, The Invisible Brand: Marketing in the Age of Automation, Big Data, and Machine Learning, artificial information expert and marketing futurist William Ammerman joins the (hopefully) limited time series, Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails to talk about being quarantined in Cary, North Carolina, his past life as a bartender, how the pandemic canceled his European book tour, how marketing is already awash in artificial intelligence, reading Hemingway’s The Snows of Kilimanjaro, the future of higher education, and much much more! Cheers!
The Last Word (A prohibition era cocktail)
Into a cocktail shaker with crushed ice add:
- 1 oz Chartreuse (the green varietal)
- 1 oz Gin (for this cocktail I recommend a botanical like Uncle Val’s Botanical)
- 1 oz Luxardo (Maraschino liqueur)
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass like a martini or coupe
Garnish with a dark maraschino cherry
The result is an invigorating pale green cocktail that is known for its pungent complexity.
- William Ammerman (Thought Leader, Executive, Author)
- William Ammerman (LinkedIn)
- The Invisible Brand: Marketing in the Age of Automation, Big Data, and Machine Learning by William Ammerman (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Casablanca (film)
- The Wealth of Nations (Adam Smith)
- The Invisible Hand (from Adam Smith’s The Theory of Moral Sentiments)
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro (Ernest Hemingway)
The Invisible Brand Trailer
John Mulaney Robot Test
William and Cody out for a morning walk
Pour yourself a cocktail and enjoy the conversation…
P.S. – If you enjoy the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief (one-sentence) review. Reviews help more people like you to discover the show!
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.