33 Ways Not to Screw Up Your Business Emails by Anne Janzer
About the Book
It’s time to write better business emails.
Business runs on emails, yet we rarely give them enough thought. Carelessness can lead to embarrassment, damaged relationships, or worse. And too often, our messages are misunderstood, misfiled, or ignored.
In a world filled with remote collaboration and virtual teams, people who master email writing rise above the noise. You can be one of those people.
Learn how to make your emails work for you rather than against you with this short, practical guide.
- Crafting effective subject lines
- Writing emails that people respond to
- Protecting yourself from accidental misfires
Whether you’re just starting in your career or have been emailing for decades, you’ll find valuable advice and tips you can put into practice right away.
Read it now and see the difference you can make with a few simple practices and habits.
About the Author
Anne Janzer is an award-winning author, non-fiction writing coach, and unabashed writing geek on a mission to help people make a positive impact with their writing. She supports and encourages writers, authors, and marketers through her books, blog posts, online courses, webinars, and teaching.
Her writing-related books explore the science and practice of effective writing. They include The Writer’s Process, The Workplace Writers Process, and Writing to Be Understood, all three of which have won multiple awards.
Before she started writing books, Anne worked as a freelance marketing writer, working with more than a hundred technology businesses to articulate positioning and messaging in crowded markets. This work led to her first book, Subscription Marketing, which has been translated into multiple languages.
Anne is a graduate of Stanford University.
And, interesting fact – she is now a member of a very elite club: The Marketing Book Podcast 4-Timers Club!!
Listen to the Interview…
- 33 Ways Not to Screw Up Your Business Emails by Anne Janzer (Amazon)
- Anne Janzer (website)
- Book Resources
- The Ministry of Common Sense: How to Eliminate Bureaucratic Red Tape, Bad Excuses, and Corporate BS by Martin Lindstrom (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Digital Body Language: How to Build Trust and Connection, No Matter the Distance by Erica Dhawan
- You Just Don’t Understand: Women and Men in Conversation by Deborah Tannen
- Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for your Ideas, Business and Life Against All Odds by Mark Schaefer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Formula: The Universal Laws of Success by Albert-László Barabási
Anne Janzer’s Previous Marketing Book Podcast Interviews:
- Get the Word Out: Write a Book That Makes a Difference (May 2021)
- Anne Janzer: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails (April 2020)
- Writing to Be Understood: What Works and Why (October 2018)
- Subscription Marketing: Strategies for Nurturing Customers in a World of Churn (January 2016)
The Jerk – The New Phonebook is Here!
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.