Advertising for Skeptics by Bob Hoffman
Bob Hoffman is a best-selling author, speaker, and advisor. He’s one of the most sought-after international speakers on advertising and marketing.
He’s the author of four other books: Marketers Are from Mars, Consumers Are from New Jersey, 101 Contrarian Idea About Advertising, BadMen: How Advertising Went From A Minor Annoyance To A Major Menace, and Laughing@Advertising.
He is the author of the popular Ad Contrarian blog, named one of the world’s most influential marketing and advertising blogs by Business Insider.
Bob has been the CEO of two independent ad agencies and the US operations of an international agency.
But let’s talk about what others have said about Bob Hoffman.
- Time Magazine has called him “fabulously irreverent.”
- NBC said “Bob Hoffman is a wicked acid-tongued genius!”
- Professor Mark Ritson has said “Bob is one of our truly great marketing iconoclasts.”
- Professor Byron sharp has said “I’m jealous. I wish I was brave enough to be this rude.”
- And his former business partner Sharon Krinsky said, “he’s really a nice guy who wants you to think he’s a prick.”
And, interesting fact: In his youth he responded to an ad and was hired to be a writer of adult fiction. He lasted one day.
Listen to the Interview:
- Advertising for Skeptics by Bob Hoffman
- Bob Hoffman (website)
- Bob Hoffman (LinkedIn)
- The Ad Contrarian (Bob’s notorious blog)
- How Brands Grow: What Marketers Don’t Know by Byron Sharp
- Mark Ritson (Marketing Week)
- The Economic Cost of Bad Actors on the Internet (University of Baltimore, CHEQ)
- To show how easy it is for plagiarized news sites to get ad revenue, I made my own (CNBC)
Bob Hoffman’s previous Marketing Book Podcast interviews…
- Laughing @ Advertising (January 2019)
- BadMen: How Advertising Went From A Minor Annoyance To A Major Menace (December 2017)
- Marketers Are From Mars, Consumers Are From New Jersey (June 2016)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, Host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.