From Backroom To Boardroom: Earn Your Seat With Strategic Marketing Operations by Dr. Debbie Qaqish
About the Book
From Backroom to Boardroom is not a book about technology, data models, or the latest in a series of bright and shiny toys so loved by marketers.
It is a book about building a strategic marketing operations organization that transports marketing from the backroom to the boardroom.
The journey begins with defining the new breed of marketing leadership and continues by exploring the integration of business acumen, marketing experience, and the power of the digital age.
This book is a practical guide that will help you reimagine, rescript, and rearchitect the role of marketing forever.
About the Author
Dr. Debbie Qaqish isn’t here to sell you on a panacea marketing technology or convince you of the critical data you just aren’t seeing.
Rather, Debbie’s passion is found in the work she does every day—give marketing leaders the ideas, strategies, and confidence they need to reimagine the role of their marketing team and redefine its impact.
As Partner and Chief Strategy Officer of The Pedowitz Group, Debbie has helped marketing teams drive revenue growth, foster customer centricity, and lead digital transformation.
With a focus on revenue operations, the customer experience, and a personalized, omnichannel marketing mix, Debbie has established herself as a thought leader and digital pioneer, spearheading the overdue shift of traditional marketing strategies to what she coined as “revenue marketing” in 2011.
Since then, marketing operations became her area of expertise, devising strategy-to-execution plans that earn marketing a seat at the table.
She is also the author of Rise of The Revenue Marketer which was featured on episode 159 of The Marketing Book Podcast in 2018.
Listen to the Interview…
- From Backroom To Boardroom: Earn Your Seat With Strategic Marketing Operations by Debbie Qaqish (Amazon)
- Debbie Qaqish (website)
- Debbie Qaqish (LinkedIn)
- Debbie Qaqish (Twitter)
- Hacking Marketing: Agile Practices to Make Marketing Smarter, Faster, and More Innovative by Scott Brinker (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Rise of the Revenue Marketer by Debbie Qaqish (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Discipline of Market Leaders: Choose Your Customers, Narrow Your Focus, Dominate Your Market by Michael Treacy and Fred Wiersema
- The JOLT Effect: How High Performers Overcome Customer Indecision by Matthew Dixon and Ted McKenna (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader: How to Succeed by Building Customer and Company Value by Thomas Barta and Patrick Barwise (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions