Belonging to the Brand: Why Community is the Last Great Marketing Strategy by Mark Schaefer
About the Book
Bestselling author and futurist Mark Schaefer explains why community is a vastly overlooked marketing opportunity for most organizations.
He explains how three major trends are colliding in a way that makes brand communities the future of marketing strategy.
- How community relates to the emotional connections developed via social media and content
- Why demographic, technological, and societal trends favor a new community strategy
- A new view of the ROI of community
- How a community strategy upends traditional marketing management
- The psychological connection between communities and brands
- Why NFTs and the metaverse change the game for community strategy
- Powerful brand benefits overlooked by most community strategies today
Through extensive research, diverse case studies, and expert interviews, Schaefer provides an inspiring, compelling, and actionable blueprint for the modern brand community.
About the Author
Mark Schaefer is a globally-recognized keynote speaker, college educator, marketing consultant, and author.
His blog is one of the top marketing blogs in the world and his Marketing Companion podcast is one of the top business shows.
Mark has worked in global sales, PR, and marketing positions for more than 30 years and now provides consulting services with Schaefer Marketing Solutions.
He specializes in marketing training and strategy with clients as diverse as Dell, Johnson & Johnson, Adidas, and the US Air Force.
He has advanced degrees in marketing and organization development and is a faculty member of The Graduate Studies program at Rutgers University. A career highlight for Mark was studying under Peter Drucker while earning his MBA.
And, interesting fact – Mark was popular in school, but to his parents’ dismay, teachers noted on report cards that he was the class clown! 🤡
Listen to the Interview…
- Belonging to the Brand: Why Community is the Last Great Marketing Strategy by Mark Schaefer (Amazon)
- Belonging to the Brand (book website)
- The Marketing Companion Podcast – Douglas Burdett interviews Mark Schaefer about Belonging to the Brand
- Mark Schafer’s Businesses Grow Blog
- Mark Schaefer (LinkedIn)
- Mark Schaefer (Twitter)
- Peter Drucker (Wikipedia)
- Mark Masters – You Are The Media
- People Powered: How Communities Can Supercharge Your Business, Brand, and Teams by Jono Bacon (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Mark Schaefer’s Previous Marketing Book Podcast Interviews
- Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for your Ideas, Business, and Life Against All Odds
- Mark Schaefer on How to Write a Marketing Book
- Mark Schaefer: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails
- LESSONS: Essays to Help You Embrace the Chaos
- Marketing Rebellion: The Most Human Company Wins
- The Tao of Twitter: Changing Your Life And Business One Connection At A Time
- KNOWN: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age
- The Content Code: Six Essential Strategies To Ignite Your Content, Your Marketing, and Your Business
- Social Media Explained: Untangling the World’s Most Misunderstood Business Trend
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instruction