Black Goldfish: 10 Keys to Creating a Differentiated Experience by Stan Phelps
About the Book
Your brand today is no longer what you tell people it is. It is the differentiated experience (DX) your employees deliver. It is what you stand for and how your customers feel about you. And most importantly, your brand is what your customers and employees tell others about their experience.
Black Goldfish is an amalgam of the first 10 colors in the Goldfish Series. The color black happens when you put all the other colors together. Here’s a quick overview of the colors and 10 keys to creating a differentiated experience:
- PURPLE - little things that add value or make it easier for customers
- GREEN - little things that drive engagement and reinforce culture for employees
- GOLDEN - little things for your “vital few” employees and customers
- BLUE - leveraging technology, data, and analytics to improve customer experience
- RED - embracing purpose in business to benefit employees, customers, and shareholders
- PINK - differentiating by defying normal and exploiting imperfection
- YELLOW - contributing to the happiness of customers, employees, and society
- DIAMOND - excelling under pressure in sales and client management
- GRAY - leading across the five generations in the modern workplace
- SILVER - rising above distractions to communicate both loud and clear
About the Author
Stan Phelps is a best-selling author, keynote speaker, and workshop facilitator.
He has spoken at more than 500 events across Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Ecuador, France, Germany, Holland, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Peru, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
Prior to professional speaking, Stan had a 20-year career in marketing that included leadership positions at IMG, Adidas, PGA exhibitions, and Synergy. At Synergy, he worked on award-winning experiential programs for top brands such as KFC, Wachovia, NASCAR, Starbucks, and M&Ms.
He is the author of The Goldfish series of business books which includes Purple Goldfish, Green Goldfish, Golden Goldfish, Blue Goldfish, Pink Goldfish, Yellow Goldfish, Gray Goldfish, Red Goldfish, Diamond Goldfish, Silver Goldfish, and one other book – Bar Tricks, Bad Jokes And Even Worse Stories: 101 Bar Tricks, Riddles, Jokes and Stories.
And, interesting fact – Stan also has a law degree!
Listen to the Interview...
Black Goldfish: 10 Keys to Creating a Differentiated Experience by Stan Phelps (Amazon)
Stan Phelps (website)
Stan Phelps (LinkedIn)
Stan Phelps (Twitter)
Audience: Marketing In The Age of Subscribers, Fans & Followers by Jeffrey Rohrs (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Elite Sales Strategies: A Guide to Being One-Up, Creating Value, and Becoming Truly Consultative by Anthony Iannarino (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Roland de Wit (LinkedIn)
AJ Huisman (LinkedIn)
Evan Carrol (LinkedIn)
David Rendall (LinkedIn)
Never Lose a Customer Again: Turn Any Sale into Lifelong Loyalty in 100 Days by Joey Coleman (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
The Human Brand: How We Relate to People, Products, and Companies by Chris Malone and Susan T. Fiske
Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business, and Life by Rory Sutherland (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I'll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It's easy - click here for simple instructions.