Bullseye Marketing: How to Grow Your B2B Business Faster 2nd Ed. by Louis Gudema
About the Book
Do you want to accelerate the growth of your B2B company?
In Bullseye Marketing, you’ll learn how to develop, launch, and scale a successful marketing program for your B2B company.
Louis Gudema focuses his Bullseye Marketing Framework exclusively for B2B companies in this second edition.
The first edition was named One of the Best Marketing Books of All Time by Book Authority.
I have written a new foreword in which I say:
“Over the past decade-plus, for my Marketing Book Podcast I’ve read nearly 500 excellent marketing and sales books, cover to cover. As you can imagine, with that many titles under my belt, so to speak, the range of authors and quality of titles is considerable. Louis Gudema’s original Bullseye Marketing is one of my favorites. This new edition is even better.”
At the strategic level, readers of Bullseye Marketing will learn the three-phase Bullseye Marketing Framework that prioritizes the fastest, most cost-effective ways for B2B companies to grow faster.
Louis then goes into detail on what it takes to successfully implement close to two dozen marketing tactics, providing hundreds of tips, best practices, and examples for successfully executing B2B marketing campaigns. The book provides over 100 full-color images.
While many companies put too great of an emphasis on short-term lead generation, in this second edition Louis presents research around the importance of long-term building of a company’s brand and its mental availability to optimize long-term business growth.
He also provides evidence of the importance of creativity in building mental availability, and many examples of creative B2B marketing that go beyond the more typical product-centric marketing seen by many companies.
The book also includes interviews with nationally-known marketing and sales leaders Ann Handley, Scott Brinker, Evan Kirstel, Gini Dietrich, Jeanne Hopkins, Jim Ewel, James Carbary, and Zorian Rotenberg, and new case studies.
About the Author
Louis Gudema helps B2B companies build their brands and generate leads as a fractional CMO and marketing strategist. He also mentors MIT startups as part of its Venture Mentoring Service, and since 2015 has led an annual marketing boot camp for the MIT startup community.
Louis previously founded a marketing agency serving enterprise companies such as IBM and the Boston Globe. He then pivoted it into a SaaS company and grew it into one of the top companies in its national market before a successful exit. He has acted as vice president of business development at two mid-sized marketing agencies.
For several years, Louis was the head of the executive committee for Boston’s Sales and Marketing Innovators professional association. Louis speaks frequently on marketing and business at regional and national events and has written for leading business sites including The Harvard Business Review, MarketingProfs, IDG Connect Marketer, Chiefmartech, Venture Beat, The Content Marketing Institute, and Econsultancy.
And if that’s not enough, he also ghostwrites and co-writes business and marketing books.
And, interesting facts – he grew up on a farm in Illinois and he has won poker tournaments – at casinos!
Listen to the Interview…
- Bullseye Marketing: How to Grow Your B2B Business Faster 2nd Ed. by Louis Gudema
- Louis Gudema (website)
- Louis Gudema (LinkedIn)
- Louis Gudema (Twitter)
- Videos to accompany the video chapter of Bullseye Marketing
- Angel City F.C.
- The Content Code: Six Essential Strategies To Ignite Your Content, Your Marketing, and Your Business by Mark Schaefer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE by Phil Knight
- Get to Aha!: Discover Your Positioning DNA and Dominate Your Competition by Andy Cunningham (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Positioning, 20th Anniversary Edition: The Battle for Your Mind by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Teenage Wastebrand: How Your Brand Can Stop Struggling and Start Scaling by Evelyn Starr (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Clarity Wins: Get Heard. Get Referred by Steve Woodruff (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Everybody Writes: Your New and Improved Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- How Brands Grow: What Marketers Don’t Know by Byron Sharp
- Crossing the Chasm, 3rd Edition: Marketing and Selling Disruptive Products to Mainstream Customers by Geoffrey A. Moore
- Myths of Branding: Dispel the Misconceptions and Become a Brand Expert by Andy Milligan and Simon Bailey (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions