Episode Subheader  



All Posts

The Marketing Book Podcast: "Close Deals Faster" by John Asher

Close Deals Faster: The 15 Shortcuts of the Asher Sales Method by John Asher

John Asher Combo

John is the co-founder of Asher Strategies, a Washington D.C.-based sales advisory and training firm that has trained over 80,000 executives, salespeople and other customer-facing managers at over 2,000 companies in 22 countries.

Prior to that, John co-founded an engineering company that grew at a 42% per year growth rate compounded for 14 straight years. Along the way, the firm acquired seven other companies and John figured out what it takes to develop a fast-growing business where everybody in the company is in sales!

And interesting fact: John is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy and was the captain of two nuclear-powered fast attack submarines.

The Host's Perspective:

If you’re in sales or you have sales people working for you, have you ever wondered what the secret is of the top 20% elite performers versus the other 80% of average salespeople?

Well, it’s not because the elite 20% work harder. It’s because they work smarter and know just which things to focus amidst an ocean of advice on sales tactics, tips and techniques.

There are literally thousands of books on sales and selling, and dozens of sales training programs. You may be asking “how is this one different?”

Well, the author has 25 years of experience training over 80,000 sales people from 22 countries, producing significant, measurable results.

And he has read hundreds of books on selling and has attended all the major branded sales training programs. But to the author, each book and training program added value but still fell a bit short.

This book is the result of the author’s unending quest to create a robust, repeatable sales process for both business–to–business and business–to– government sales, and is applicable to very large companies as well as small and medium-sized businesses.


Listen to the Interview:


Show Notes

How Full is Your Bucket by Tom Rath & Donald O. Clifton

First Break All of the Rules by Marcus Buckingham

The Go-Giver by Bob Burg

When by Daniel Pink

John Asher’s Twitter

John Asher’s Website

John Asher’s Linkedin

Marketing Book Podcast Listener Freebies




New Call-to-action


P.S. - If you enjoy the show, please rate it on iTunesGoogle Play Music or Stitcher and write a brief (one sentence) review. Reviews help more people like you to discover the show! 

Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It's easy - click here for simple instructions.

Douglas Burdett
Douglas Burdett
The Principal and Founder of Artillery, Douglas Burdett is a former artillery officer and Madison Avenue ad man. He also hosts The Marketing Book Podcast, where he interviews authors every week about the latest in modern marketing and sales.

Other Interviews

The Marketing Book Podcast: "The Indispensable Brand" by Mitch Duckler

The Indispensable Brand: Move from Invisible to Invaluable by Mitch Duckler

The Marketing Book Podcast: "Selling the Price Increase" by Jeb Blount

Selling the Price Increase: The Ultimate B2B Field Guide for Raising Prices Without Losing Customers by Jeb Blount

The Marketing Book Podcast: "Selling Your Expertise" by Robert Chen

Selling Your Expertise: The Mindset, Strategies, and Tactics of Successful Rainmakers by Robert Chen