Content Marketing Strategy: Harness the Power of Your Brand’s Voice by Robert Rose
About the Book
Do you know how to turn the attention your content receives into profit?
With a meaningful content marketing strategy, you can.
An organization’s content communicates everything to consumers. Content marketing is one of the most important pieces of the marketing plan, but many businesses do not approach it strategically.
As Chief Strategy Advisor for the Content Marketing Institute and CEO and Chief Strategy Officer for The Content Advisory, Robert Rose helps transform brands by honing their content marketing. In this book, he walks readers through his scalable, strategic approach.
Content Marketing Strategy explains what top brands are doing to streamline their content and how marketing strategists can scale their methods to create business success.
The chapters cover stacking a team, working with marketing and branding professionals on a consistent tone and message, setting meaningful goals for the content strategy, implementing it, and measuring the resulting outcomes.
Filled with compelling examples from leaders in content marketing, including Salesforce, Cleveland Clinics, Amazon, and Arrow Electronics, the book offers a new model that will transform and optimize your content marketing.
About the Author
For more than 25 years, Robert has helped marketing leaders balance the art and science of marketing, tell their stories more effectively, and understand how the strategic use of digital content drives sales and better customer experiences.
Over the last ten years, Robert and his firm, The Content Advisory, have advised more than 500 companies, including McDonalds, Salesforce, Hilton, Facebook, UPS, Adidas, LinkedIn, KPMG, NASA, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and 15 of the Fortune 100.
Robert has served as the Chief Strategy Advisor of The Content Marketing Institute since its launch in 2010 guiding it to be the leading global content marketing education and training organization.
As an educator, Robert’s work in content marketing has been integrated into universities such as Ohio University, Kent State, and the University of Southern California.
Robert’s previous books include two co-authored with Joe Pulizzi – Managing Content Marketing: The Real-World Guide for Creating Passionate Subscribers to Your Brand, and Killing Marketing: How Innovative Businesses Are Turning Marketing Cost Into Profit (which was featured on episode 139 of The Marketing Book Podcast in 2017). And, he co-authored with Carla Johnson Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing (which was featured on episode 12 in 2015).
Robert is also the co-host of the This Old Marketing Podcast with Joe Pulizzi, the founder of The Content Marketing Insitute.
And, interesting facts – he is a former playwright and Hollywood screenwriter, and is a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan!
Listen to the Interview…
- Content Marketing Strategy: Harness the Power of Your Brand’s Voice by Robert Rose (Amazon)
- Robert Rose (LinkedIn)
- Robert Rose (website)
- Content Marketing Strategy (book website with extra resources)
- The Content Advisory
- Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing by Robert Rose and Carla Johnson (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Robert Rose: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails
- The Time to Win: How to Exceed Your Customers’ Need for Speed by Jay Baer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Ian Truscott
- The Rockstar CMO F’in’ Marketing Podcast
- Epic Content Marketing, Second Edition: Break through the Clutter with a Different Story, Get the Most Out of Your Content, and Build a Community in Web3 by Joe Pulizzi and Brian Piper (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- David Foster Wallace (Wikipedia)
- The End of Competitive Advantage: How to Keep Your Strategy Moving as Fast as Your Business by Rita Gunther McGrath
- Vigilantes of Love: 21 Tales of the Dark and Light by John Everson
- High-Impact Content Marketing: Strategies to Make Your Content Intentional, Engaging, and Effective by Purna Virji (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions