Converted: The Data-Driven Way to Win Customers’ Hearts by Neil Hoyne
About the Book
When the world’s biggest brands want to sharpen their digital marketing strategy, they call Neil Hoyne – Google’s Chief Measurement Strategist and Senior Fellow at the Wharton School.
In his first book, he offers a simple, research-backed playbook that anyone can use to find their best customers and develop relationships that last.
Under pressure for quick results and facing fierce marketplace competition, too many marketers are boxed into spaghetti-to-the-wall forms of digital marketing that limit the potential of their long hours, countless experiments, and warehouses of data. And in the end, they watch their competition sprint ahead.
But what if you built a business around long-term relationships with customers, using data to understand who they are, what they need, and where to find more customers just like them?
You can. And you’ll leave your competitors, with all of their data and their short-term thinking, to poke around in the scraps.
In Converted, you will learn how to:
- Understand the full value of each relationship
- Engage in an ongoing conversation with your best customers
- Ask the right questions so you can anticipate your customers’ needs
- Find more great customers
A real person is always on the other end of the transaction. Converted shows you how to win their hearts.
About the Author
Neil Hoyne has served as an analyst, researcher, inventor, lecturer, and, in his words, the father of many forgettable slides of glossy funnels and Venn diagrams.
A witness to and participant in billion-dollar successes, and instructive failures, all in the pursuit of building indestructible customer relationships through digital media. A key player in the executive rallying cry to be more “data-driven.”
As Google’s Chief Measurement Strategist, Neil has had the privilege to lead more than 2,500 engagements with the world’s biggest advertisers. His efforts have helped these companies acquire millions of customers, improve conversion rates by more than 400 percent and generate billions in incremental revenue.
Immensely proud of the degrees he’s earned from Purdue University and UCLA, Neil returned to academia in 2018 as a Senior Fellow at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
And, interesting fact – despite the topic of the book, he does not have a quantitative background!
Listen to the Interview…
- Converted: The Data-Driven Way to Win Customers’ Hearts by Neil Hoyne (Amazon)
- Neil Hoyne (website)
- Neil Hoyne (LinkedIn)
- Neil Hoyne (Twitter)
- Create Togetherness: Transform Sales and Marketing to Exceed Modern Buyers’ Expectations and Increase Revenue by Jeff Davis (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Customer Centricity Playbook: Implement a Winning Strategy Driven by Customer Lifetime Value by Peter Fader and Sarah Toms (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Customer Centricity: Focus on the Right Customers for Strategic Advantage by Peter Fader
- How To Lie With Statistics by Darrell Huff
- The Cartoon Guide to Statistics by Larry Gonick and Woollcott Smith
- Drilling Down: Turning Customer Data into Profits with a Spreadsheet – Third Edition by Jim Novo
- Jim Novo blog
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.