Culture Built My Brand: The Secret to Winning More Customers Through Company Culture by Mark Miller and Ted Vaughn
About the Book
Unleash the power of your culture. Propel your brand forward.
Too many executive leaders settle for inadequate employee performance, mediocre outcomes, and unremarkable earnings.
But this doesn’t have to be your organization’s reality. There is a way to break through the inertia to engage your team, drive better results, and attract a tribe of loyal customers―by tapping into the greatest driver of brand success: your internal company culture.
Mark Miller and Ted Vaughn have led nearly 100 rebrands for purpose-driven organizations with their team at Historic Agency.
Their decades of experience and research have culminated in Culture Built My Brand, your roadmap to winning more customers and turning them into raving fans.
With practical steps and customizable tools, this easy-to-follow guide gives you the know-how you need to tap into your company culture to create an authentic brand that stands out from the competition.
About the Author
Mark Miller is the co-founder of Historic Agency where he leads product strategy, marketing transformation, and brand.
He has rebranded nearly 100 organizations and also specializes in all things strategy including brand, product, and marketing.
And, interesting fact – he was once denied a passport because the U.S. State Department confused him with a fugitive named Mark Miller (no relation) who was born on the same day, the same year, and in the same state!
Listen to the Interview…
- Culture Built My Brand: The Secret to Winning More Customers Through Company Culture by Mark Miller and Ted Vaughn (Amazon)
- Culture Built My Brand (book website)
- Mark Miller (LinkedIn)
- Mark Miller (Twitter)
- Historic Agency
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- Organizational Culture and Leadership by Edgard H. Schein
- Brave New Work: Are You Ready to Reinvent Your Organization? By Aaron Dignan
- The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation, and Growth by Amy C. Edmondson
- Shift Ahead: How the Best Companies Stay Relevant in a Fast-Changing World by Allen Adamson and Joel Steckel (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Marty Neumeier (website)
- The Brand Gap: How to Bridge the Distance Between Business Strategy and Design by Marty Neumeier
- The Ministry of Common Sense: How to Eliminate Bureaucratic Red Tape, Bad Excuses, and Corporate BS by Martin Lindstrom (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- UnBranding: 100 Branding Lessons for the Age of Disruption by Alison Stratten and Scott Stratten (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Scramble: How Agile Strategy Can Build Epic Brands in Record Time by Marty Neumeier
- No Rules Rules: Netflix and the Culture of Reinvention by Reed Hastings
- The Business of Expertise: How Entrepreneurial Experts Convert Insight to Impact + Wealth by David C. Baker (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.