Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for your Ideas, Business and Life Against All Odds by Mark Schaefer
About the Author
Mark Schaefer is a globally-recognized speaker, educator, business consultant, and author. Mark has worked in global sales, PR, and marketing positions for more than 30 years and now provides consulting services and marketing training for both start-ups and global brands such as Dell, Johnson & Johnson, Adidas, and the U.S. Air Force.
He has advanced degrees in marketing and organizational development and is a faculty member of the graduate studies program at Rutgers University. While earning his MBA, Mark studied under the legendary management consultant, educator, and author Peter Drucker.
Mark is the author of seven other best-selling books:
- Return On Influence (First book on influencer marketing)
- The Tao of Twitter (best-selling book on Twitter)
- Social Media Explained: Untangling the World's Most Misunderstood Business Trend
- Born to Blog: Building Your Blog for Personal and Business Success One Post at a Time
- The Content Code: Six essential strategies to ignite your content, your marketing, and your business
- KNOWN: Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in a Digital World
- Marketing Rebellion: The Most Human Company Wins
His blog, Businesses Grow and his podcast, The Marketing Companion are among the very top in each category. He has appeared in the WSJ, New York Times, Wired, Forbes, Fortune, CBS News, and many other global media outlets.
And, interesting fact, Mark is The King of The Marketing Book Podcast, having been on the show more than any other author!
About the Book
At its essence, marketing today is about answering one question: “How can we be heard?” How can we rise above the din of infinite options to create sustainable meaning with an audience or group of customers? Following the old rules of digital engagement is not enough … not nearly enough. Even being "great" is insufficient in the face of overwhelming competition redefining the limits of excellence every day.
Cumulative Advantage demonstrates how the world is stacked against us in big ways and small and provides new ideas to help us build the unstoppable momentum needed to rise above competitive barricades in business, in our careers, and in our lives.
Filled with motivating ideas and fascinating case studies, Cumulative Advantage is an indispensable and practical source of inspiration for every person with a dream that’s ready to take flight.
You will learn:
- How the initial advantage that drives momentum comes from everyday ideas.
- The inside secrets of creating vast awareness for your projects.
- How to nurture powerful connections that lead to break-through opportunities.
- Why momentum is driven by the speed, time, and space of a “seam.”
- How the “certainty of business uncertainty” can be used to your advantage.
Mark Schaefer weaves decades of research and revealing expert views into an entertaining guide to building momentous success in the real-world.
You’ll never view the world the same way again after learning how initial advantages, seams of opportunity, sonic booms, and the lift from mentors can impact your world in powerful and permanent ways.
Listen to the Interview...
Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for your Ideas, Business and Life Against All Odds by Mark Schaefer (Amazon)
Cumulative Advantage (book website)
Mark Schaefer (blog)
Mark Schaefer (Linkedin)
The Context Marketing Revolution: How to Motivate Buyers in the Age of Infinite Media by Matthew Sweezey (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
The Ministry of Common Sense: How to Eliminate Bureaucratic Red Tape, Bad Excuses, and Corporate BS by Martin Lindstrom (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Mark Schaefer’s Previous Marketing Book Podcast Interviews
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I'll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, Host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It's easy - click here for simple instructions.