Lies, Damned Lies, and Marketing: Separate Fact from Fiction and Drive Growth by Atul V. Minocha
About the Book
When it comes to your relationship with marketing, it’s time to wipe the slate clean.
You’ve been promised big results with a quick turnaround. You’ve been told that social media is a silver bullet for increased sales (so far, you haven’t seen an impact).
Your marketing team and vendors have overpromised and underdelivered, and you’re disappointed. You’re frustrated.
Perhaps you’re close to giving up on marketing entirely, but something tells you that you shouldn’t—you just need to know how to use it wisely.
In Lies, Damned Lies, and Marketing, Atul Minocha reveals the root causes of your frustration and provides you with the insight you need to utilize your marketing dollars for real results.
He helps you understand why you need marketing, the important distinctions between marketing and sales, and how to attain the right blend of hard data and softer creativity to persuade your audience.
Bringing with him more than thirty-five years of experience, Atul shows you how to make marketing work for you and finally achieve the results you’ve been waiting for.
About the Author
Atul Minocha is a partner at Chief Outsiders, a marketing consulting firm that helps CEOs accelerate growth through strategic planning, customer insight, and disciplined execution of well-crafted marketing plans.
With experience in startups and Fortune 500 companies like Honeywell, Kodak, and Toyota, Atul works in a wide range of industries, from automotive and healthcare to industrial goods and technology.
Atul has a degree in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and an MBA from Yale University. He is a professor at the Hult International Business School, a mentor and an angel investor with Sierra Angels, a Vistage speaker, and a Forbes contributor.
And, interesting fact: he’s a big Pink Floyd fan!
Listen to the Interview…
- Lies, Damned Lies, and Marketing: Separate Fact from Fiction and Drive Growth by Atul V. Minocha (Amazon)
- Atul Minocha (Chief Outsiders)
- Atul Minocha (LinkedIn)
- Atul Minocha (Twitter)
- Myths of Marketing: Banish the Misconceptions and Become a Great Marketer by Grant Leboff (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Ministry of Common Sense: How to Eliminate Bureaucratic Red Tape, Bad Excuses, and Corporate BS by Martin Lindstrom (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Art of the Start 2.0: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything by Guy Kawasaki
- Fooled By Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- The Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
- Getting Naked: A Business Fable About Shedding The Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty by Patrick Lencioni
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein
- The Persuasion Code: How Neuromarketing Can Help You Persuade Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime by Christophe Morin and Patrick Renvoise (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- False Alarm: How Climate Change Panic Costs Us Trillions, Hurts the Poor, and Fails to Fix the Planet by Bjorn Lomborg
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.