Data-First Marketing: How To Compete and Win In the Age of Analytics by Janet Driscoll Miller and Julia Lim
About the Book
In Data-First Marketing: How to Compete & Win in the Age of Analytics, distinguished authors Miller and Lim demystify the application of data analytics to marketing in any size business.
Digital transformation has created a widening gap between what the CEO and business expect marketing to do and what the CMO and the marketing organization actually deliver.
The key to unlocking the true value of marketing is data – from actual buyer behavior to targeting info on social media platforms to marketing’s own campaign metrics.
Data is the next big battlefield for not just marketers, but also for the business because the judicious application of data analytics will create a competitive advantage in the Age of Analytics.
Miller and Lim show marketers where to start by leveraging their decades of experience to lay out a step-by-step process to help businesses transform into data-first marketing organizations. The book includes a self-assessment that will help to place your organization on the Data-First Marketing Maturity Model and serve as a guide for which steps you might need to focus on to complete your own transformation.
Data-First Marketing: How to Compete & Win in the Age of Analytics should be used by CMOs and heads of marketing to institute a data-first approach throughout the marketing organization.
Marketing staffers can pick up practical tips for incorporating data in their daily tasks using the Data-First Marketing Campaign Framework.
And CEOs or anyone in the C-suite can use this book to see what is possible and then help their marketing teams to use data analytics to increase pipeline, revenue, customer loyalty – anything that drives business growth.
About the Author
Janet Driscoll Miller is a digital marketing expert, writer, and keynote speaker.
She has nearly 30 years of digital marketing experience and founded the digital marketing agency Marketing Mojo in 2005. She has worked with many top-tier clients, including National Geographic, Mazda USA, LexisNexis, and Activision.
She is a regular guest lecturer at the University of Virginia and James Madison University, her alma mater.
She previously authored a book on Google Analytics, Getting Started With Google Analytics: How to Set up Google Analytics Correctly from the Beginning.
And, interesting fact – outside of digital marketing, Janet is passionate about women’s rights and building the next generation of female leaders. She is an active supporter of the Girl Scouts, serving as a troop leader, camp volunteer, and trainer.
Listen to the Interview…
- Data-First Marketing: How To Compete and Win In the Age of Analytics by Janet Driscoll Miller and Julia Lim (Amazon)
- Janet Driscoll Miller (LinkedIn)
- Janet Driscoll Miller (Marketing Moj0)
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Content Marketing, Podcasting, Social Media, AI, Live Video, and Newsjacking to Reach Buyers Directly (7th edition) by David Meerman Scott (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Unleash Your Primal Brain: Demystifying How We Think and Why We Act by Tim Ash (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Hacking Marketing: Agile Practices to Make Marketing Smarter, Faster, and More Innovative by Scott Brinker (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Rise of the Revenue Marketer by Debbie Qaqish (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader: How to Succeed by Building Customer and Company Value by Thomas Barta and Patrick Barwise (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Sway: Implement the G.R.I.T. Marketing Method to Gain Influence and Drive Corporate Strategy by Christina Del Villar (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Whole Marketer: How to Become a Successful and Fulfilled Marketer by Abigail Dixon (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- 100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings: How to Get By Without Even Trying by Sarah Cooper (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Buyer Personas: How to Gain Insight into Your Customer’s Expectations, Align Your Marketing Strategies, and Win More Business by Adele Revella (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Break the Wheel: Question Best Practices, Hone Your Intuition, and Do Your Best Work by Jay Acunzo (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Gun Dog Supply
- Yale Appliance
- Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions by Tim Ash
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
- The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs: Elevate Your SELF to Elevate Your BUSINESS by Hal Elrod and Cameron Herold
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Micaholwicz
- Get Different: Marketing That Can’t Be Ignored! by Mike Michalowicz (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Click here to win a free copy of Data-First Marketing (bit.ly/marketingbookpodcast)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.