The Digital Pivot: Secrets of Online Marketing by Eric Schwartzman
About the Author
Eric Schwartzman is a digital marketing consultant, entrepreneur, and author of an earlier book, Social Marketing to the Business Customer.
Eric has led digital marketing initiatives for Boeing, Cirque du Soleil, Johnson & Johnson, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Olympic Games, the US Dept. of State, and dozens of small and midsize companies.
Eric is the host of two podcasts, The Earned Media Podcast and the B2B Lead Gen Podcast. His library of on-demand digital marketing training courses has more than a quarter-million enrollees worldwide.
Eric has been featured in Adweek, Business Insider, Forbes, Hollywood Reporter, PR Week, Variety, and VentureBeat.
And, interesting fact – he oversaw media relations for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, and he handled the marketing and public relations for Britney Spears!
About the Book
What’s the secret to driving demand, and generating leads and revenue online? What’s a digital transformation, and why do some companies succeed while others fail? And how do you stage a winning digital pivot?
In this book, Eric Schwartzman explains what successful digital marketers do differently.
This is the inside track on how to pivot to digital marketing in four easy steps, so you can earn more and work less. We are living through a time of unprecedented migration, from analog to digital business practices.
Find out what it takes to stake your own claim online, so you can participate in the ever-growing digital economy, and get your share of the profits.
Through real-world stories and numerous examples of digital marketing pivots told in easy-to-follow, nontechnical language, you’ll learn the secrets of what it really takes to be competitive online, so you can increase revenue, decrease costs, and control your future.
Drawing on his experience leading online marketing programs for clients such as Toyota, UCLA, Marine Corps, US Dept. of State, LA Opera, and dozens of small and midsize companies, Eric walks you step-by-step through the process of pivoting to digital marketing.
This all-in-one, practical playbook covers everything you need to know to about the people, processes, and technology that power a successful digital business, including:
- Determining what customers want online
- Choosing and setting up the right software
- Basics of search engine optimization
- Driving demand with owned media
- Growing your social media following
- Generating leads with content marketing
- Creating email campaigns that convert
- Convert traffic into leads and revenue
- Improving your conversion rates continuously
The Digital Pivot provides you with an overview of the pieces that make up the digital marketing puzzle so you can see the forest through the trees. If you’re ready to scale up and grow up, it’s time to find out everything you need to know to migrate your business and career online.
Listen to the Interview…
- The Digital Pivot: Secrets of Online Marketing by Eric Schwartzman (Amazon)
- Eric Schwartzman
- Eric Schwartzman (LinkedIn)
- The Digital Pivot (book website)
- SEO for Growth: The Ultimate SEO Guide For Marketers, Web Designers & Entrepreneurs by John Jantsch and Phil Singleton (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Thought Leaders Practice by Matt Church
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- Sales Enablement 3.0: The Blueprint to Sales Enablement Excellence by Roderick Jefferson
- Create Togetherness: Transform Sales and Marketing to Exceed Modern Buyers’ Expectations and Increase Revenue by Jeff Davis (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.