Email Marketing Rules: 184 Best Practices to Optimize the Subscriber Experience and Drive Business Success by Chad S. White
About the Book
The most comprehensive email marketing book from the most prolific email marketing author helps you master the most misunderstood marketing channel.
Updated and greatly expanded, the 4th Edition of Email Marketing Rules demystifies this vital channel, guiding you through its complexities to find the best execution for your brand—the one that serves the needs of your business and the needs of your subscribers.
Volume 1 of Email Marketing Rules discusses 184 best practices that help you…
- Build productive, safe email lists by identifying valuable subscriber acquisition sources, using appropriate permission practices, and managing inactives wisely
- Set the right program goals by understanding “deep metrics” and properly interpreting campaign, channel, and subscriber metrics
- Create relevant messages with subject lines that draw in subscribers while avoiding “opener’s remorse” and designs that focus subscribers on taking action
- Craft high-performance triggered emails, including welcome programs that set you up for long-term success
- Effectively plan and produce emails with workflows that allow you to seize opportunities and avoid errors
- And much more, including understanding the law, optimizing email frequency, using the best landing pages, and doing A/B testing
Volume 2 of Email Marketing Rules discusses strategic frameworks that help you…
- Understand the channel’s unique quirks, including the strengths and limitations that come from email marketing being granted media (not owned media)
- Grow your audience while safeguarding your email deliverability and following the law
- Collect and use subscriber data to create personalized, segmented, and automated campaigns that connect with subscribers and avoid being creepy
- Measure program success effectively by using each metric appropriately and improving channel attribution accuracy
- Steadily improve your email marketing program through minimum viable launches, incremental improvements, testing, and innovation nurturing
- And much more, including 6 extensive checklists for auditing and optimizing your targeting, acquisition sources, cross-channel synergies, and more
About the Author
Chad S. White is the author of four editions of Email Marketing Rules and nearly 4,000 posts and articles about email and digital marketing.
He has served as the lead email marketing researcher at four of the world's largest email service providers—Oracle, Responsys, Salesforce, and ExactTarget—as well as at Litmus and the Direct Marketing Association.
A former journalist at Condé Nast and Dow Jones & Co., Chad has been featured in more than 100 publications, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and Advertising Age.
He is a past recipient of the Association of National Advertiser’s Email Marketer Thought Leader of the Year.
And, interesting fact - he is a graduate of Texas A&M University!
Listen to the Interview...
Email Marketing Rules: 184 Best Practices to Optimize the Subscriber Experience and Drive Business Success by Chad S. White (Amazon)
Email Marketing Rules Website (Sign up for the Email Marketing Rules newsletter)
Chad S. White (LinkedIn)
Chad S. White (Twitter)
Content Marketing, Engineered: Build Trust and Convert Buyers with Technical Content by Wendy Covey (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
They Ask, You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today's Digital Consumer, Revised & Updated 2nd Edition by Marcus Sheridan (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Sales Differentiation: 19 Powerful Strategies to Win More Deals at the Prices You Want by Lee Salz (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Sell Different!: All New Sales Differentiation Strategies to Outsmart, Outmaneuver, and Outsell the Competition by Lee Salz (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Making Websites Win: Apply the Customer-Centric Methodology That Has Doubled the Sales of Many Leading Websites by Dr. Karl Blanks and Ben Jesson (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Conversational Marketing: How the World's Fastest Growing Companies Use Chatbots to Generate Leads 24/7/365 (and How You Can Too) by David Cancel and Dave Gerhardt (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Epic Content Marketing, Second Edition: Break through the Clutter with a Different Story, Get the Most Out of Your Content, and Build a Community in Web3 by Joe Pulizzi and Brian Piper (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Everybody Writes: Your New and Improved Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Content Chemistry: The Illustrated Handbook for Content Marketing, 6th Edition by Andy Crestodina (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I'll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It's easy - click here for simple instructions