Epic Content Marketing, Second Edition: Break through the Clutter with a Different Story, Get the Most Out of Your Content, and Build a Community in Web3 by Joe Pulizzi and Brian Piper
About the Book
From the “godfather of content marketing”―this completely revised and expanded edition brings marketers fully up to date on the newest content marketing methods and tools, including Web3
When Epic Content Marketing was first published, content marketing was just starting to pick up speed in the marketing world.
Now, this approach―which includes everything from blogging to YouTube videos to social media―is the core of most organizations’ marketing plans.
Fully revised and updated, this new edition walks you through the process of developing stories that inform and entertain and compel customers to act, without actually telling them to.
In addition to covering all the important social media platforms that have arisen over the past eight years and introducing the “creator economy,” it shows how to update existing content and make new content that performs in strategic ways.
- New content models, structures, and opportunities
- Content entrepreneurship, content mergers, and acquisitions
- Subscriptions and audience building
- Team structure, the importance of community, DAOs, and creator networks
- Content options, NFTs, and discord servers
- Making data-driven decisions to optimize content performance
Distributed the right way at the right time, epic content is the best way to truly capture the hearts and minds of customers. It’s how to position your business as a trusted expert in its industry. It’s what customers share and talk about. This updated edition of the trusted guide provides everything you need to succeed in the new world of content marketing.
About the Author
Joe Pulizzi is the founder of multiple startups including content creator education site, The Tilt, the content entrepreneur event Creator Economy Expo (CEX), and is the bestselling author of seven books including Content Inc. and Epic Content Marketing, which was named a “Must-Read Business Book” by Fortune magazine.
Joe is best known for his work in content marketing, first using the term in 2001, then launching Content Marketing Institute and the Content Marketing World event. Joe is often referred to as “The Godfather of Content Marketing.”
In 2014, he received the “Lifetime Achievement Award” from the Content Council. He successfully exited CMI in 2016 and consequently wrote an award-winning mystery novel, The Will to Die.
His foundation, The Orange Effect, delivers speech therapy and technology services to over 350 children in 35 states.
And, interesting fact – he is now a member of a VERY exclusive club – The Marketing Book Podcast 6-Timers Club!
Listen to the Interview…
- Epic Content Marketing, Second Edition: Break through the Clutter with a Different Story, Get the Most Out of Your Content, and Build a Community in Web3 by Joe Pulizzi and Brian Piper (Amazon)
- Joe Pulizzi (website)
- Joe Pulizzi (LinkedIn)
- Joe Pulizzi (Twitter)
- Epic Content Marketing (book website with extra resources)
- Brian Piper (website)
- Integrated Marketing Communications: Putting It Together & Making It Work by Don E. Schultz, Stanley I. Tannenbaum, and Robert F. Lauterborn (1993)
- Everybody Writes: Your New and Improved Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein
- The Prof G Podcast (Scott Galloway)
- Content Marketing Strategy: Harness the Power of Your Brand’s Voice by Robert Rose (Available September 26, 2023)
- Content Chemistry: The Illustrated Handbook for Content Marketing, 6th Edition by Andy Crestodina (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions