The Expansion Sale: Four Must-Win Conversations to Keep and Grow Your Customers by Erik Peterson and Tim Riesterer
About the Author
Tim Riesterer, Chief Strategy and Research Officer at Corporate Visions, has dedicated his career to improving the conversations companies have with prospects and customers.
He’s previously co-written three books on the subject…
- Customer Message Management: Increasing Marketing’s Impact on Selling
- Conversations That Win the Complex Sale: Using Power Messaging to Create More Opportunities, Differentiate your Solutions, and Close More Deals
- The Three Value Conversations: How to Create, Elevate, and Capture Customer Value at Every Stage of the Long-Lead Sale
…all based on actual decision-making science research.
Tim is a highly sought-after researcher, author, speaker, and consultant in the area of creating and delivering winning customer conversations.
And, interesting fact: he has performed vocal quartets and community musical theater!
About the Book
Proven customer engagement approaches for winning in the most important moments driving profitability and growth―customer retention and expansion
Industry analysts report that up to 70-80% of business growth comes from existing customers.
So why are you still investing mainly in attracting new customers? And, leaving renewals and upsells to chance? Or, worse yet, using a one-size-fits-all approach to acquisition as you do for expansions?
The Expansion Sale provides everything you need to seize the competitive edge in the customer-success space. Authors Erik Peterson and Tim Riesterer explain how the buying psychology of existing customers differs from that of new customers, and show how to adapt your commercial engagement strategies accordingly.
They provide clear, easy-to-apply messaging frameworks for creating and delivering winning conversations in the four must-win commercial moments of customer success: ensuring renewals, communicating price increases, increasing upsells, and apologizing effectively for service failures.
Listen to the Interview…
- The Expansion Sale: Four Must-Win Conversations to Keep and Grow Your Customers by Erik Peterson and Tim Riesterer (Amazon)
- The Expansion Sale (book website)
- Tim Riesterer (LinkedIn)
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Predictably Irrational, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade by Robert Cialdini (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
- Invisible Influence: The Hidden Forces that Shape Behavior by Jonah Berger (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Catalyst: How to Change Anyone’s Mind by Jonah Berger (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, Host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.