The Experience Maker: How to Create Remarkable Experiences That Your Customers Can’t Wait to Share by Dan Gingiss
About the Book
Competition is tougher than ever these days and competing on price or product just doesn’t work as well anymore. So how can companies stand out in a crowded marketplace that is constantly evolving?
The answer is customer experience, and the best part about customer experience is that it’s delivered by human beings who are unique to a company.
The Experience Maker helps managers and executives focus on customers who are already spending money with their company rather than spending more money on marketing new customers.
In The Experience Maker, Dan Gingiss teaches that creating a remarkable experience for customers will ensure they become a company’s best marketers and salespeople.
By learning from the successes of other companies and applying the proprietary WISER method (Witty, Immersive, Shareable, Extraordinary, Responsive), managers and executives learn to create remarkable experiences that their customers will want to talk about with friends, family, and social media followers.
About the Author
Dan Gingiss is an international keynote speaker and customer experience coach who has proven that a remarkable customer experience can be your best marketing.
His 20-year professional career consistently focused on delighting customers, spanning multiple disciplines including customer experience, marketing, social media, and customer service.
He held leadership positions at three Fortune 300 companies – McDonald’s, Discover, and Humana.
Dan is also the author of Winning at Social Customer Care: How Top Brands Create Engaging Experiences on Social Media. He also hosts the Experience This! Show podcast and the Experience Maker Show.
He is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, and an M.B.A. in marketing from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
And, interesting facts – he is a native Chicagoan, a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan, a licensed bartender, a pinball wizard, was born on Christmas Day, and in his youth while delivering pizzas, he once delivered a pizza to Michael Jordan!
Listen to the Interview…
- The Experience Maker: How to Create Remarkable Experiences That Your Customers Can’t Wait to Share by Dan Gingiss (Amazon)
- Dan Gingiss (website)
- Dan Gingiss (LinkedIn)
- Dan Gingiss (Twitter)
- The Experience Maker (book website)
- A Practitioner’s Guide to Account-Based Marketing: Accelerating Growth in Strategic Accounts by Bev Burgess and Dave Munn (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- X: The Experience When Business Meets Design by Brian Solis (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- I’ll Be Back: How to Get Customers to Come Back Again & Again by Shep Hyken (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth by Jay Baer & Daniel Lemin (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- They Ask, You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer, Revised & Updated 2nd Edition by Marcus Sheridan (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Never Lose a Customer Again: Turn Any Sale into Lifelong Loyalty in 100 Days by Joey Coleman (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Shareology: How Sharing is Powering the Human Economy by Bryan Kramer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Age of Influence: The Power of Influencers to Elevate Your Brand by Neal Schaffer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Ultimate Marketing Engine: 5 Steps to Ridiculously Consistent Growth by John Jantsch (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- What Your Customer Wants and Can’t Tell You: Unlocking Consumer Decisions with the Science of Behavioral Economics by Melina Palmer
- The 10-Day CX Challenge
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.