The Experience Mindset: Changing the Way You Think About Growth by Tiffani Bova
About the Book
From the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Growth IQ comes a guide to enhancing customer and employee experience simultaneously for unprecedented revenue growth
In the war for customer acquisition, businesses invest millions of dollars to improve customer experience.
They deliver packages faster, churn out new products, and endlessly revamp their UI, often putting greater strain on employees for diminishing returns.
According to Tiffani Bova, this siloed focus on customer experience – without considering the impact on your staff – actually hinders growth in the long run.
The most successful companies adopt an Experience Mindset that strengthens both employee experience (EX) and customer experience (CX) at the same time.
Based on exclusive research from two Salesforce-sponsored studies of thousands of employees and C-suite executives, The Experience Mindset details exactly how your company can adopt an Experience Mindset, at scale.
It’s not enough to know that happy employees equals happy customers. You must have an intentional, balanced approach to company strategy that involves all stakeholders – IT, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and HR – with KPIs and ownership over outcomes.
In this ground-breaking book, filled with case studies of leading companies and never-before-seen research, you’ll learn:
- How people, processes, technology, and culture contribute to the “virtuous cycle” of EX and CX.
- Why the best companies have programs that minimize the customer’s effort as well as the employee’s effort (and how companies like Southwest and Best Buy get this right)
- How to effectively roll out technology solutions that boost both EX and CX (hard truth: only 20% of customer-facing employees believe technology makes their job easier. Employees want a seamless technology experience, just like your customers.)
- What metrics you can use to measure EX, CX, and ultimately, the effect of the two together. You can’t improve what you can’t measure.
Employees are the heart of your business. If you want to remain competitive in today’s marketplace, investing in people is no longer a nice-to-have, but rather a must-have.
About the Author
Tiffani Bova is the global growth evangelist at Salesforce, a bestselling author, a highly sought-after international keynote speaker, and a podcaster.
Her previous book Growth IQ: Get Smarter About the Choices that Will Make or Break Your Business (featured on episode 241 of The Marketing Book Podcast in 2019) is a Wall Street Journal bestseller and has been translated into 10 languages.
Tiffani is ranked on the current Thinkers50 list of the world’s top management thinkers and has appeared on MSNBC, Bloomberg, and Yahoo! Finance, and is a contributor to publications including Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
As host of the podcast, What’s Next! With Tiffani Bova, she interviews really smart people about what’s next for companies and individuals as they look to innovate and grow.
Prior to working with Salesforce, she was a sales, marketing, and customer service executive for startups and Fortune 500 companies.
She also spent ten years at Gartner, the world’s leading IT research and advisory firm, as a distinguished analyst and research fellow where she helped companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Oracle, SAP, AT&T, Dell, and Amazon Web Services to expand their market share and grow their revenues.
And, interesting fact – she grew up in Hawaii, and she and President Obama attended the same high school!
Listen to the Interview…
- The Experience Mindset: Changing the Way You Think About Growth by Tiffani Bova (Amazon)
- Tiffani Bova (website)
- Tiffani Bova (LinkedIn)
- Tiffani Bova (Twitter)
- Growth IQ: Get Smarter About the Choices that Will Make or Break Your Business by Tiffani Bova (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Tiffani Bova: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails
- The Song of Significance: A New Manifesto for Teams by Seth Godin
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions