The Frictionless Organization: Deliver Great Customer Experiences with Less Effort by Bill Price and David Jaffe
About the Book
Learn how frictionless organizations cut costs, grow revenue, and create loyal fans by creating products and services that work so well, their customers never have to contact them for the wrong reasons.
This book will help any customer-facing organization deliver better customer experiences, save money, and increase revenue.
Veteran customer service experts Bill Price and David Jaffe, coauthors of the bestseller The Best Service Is No Service, explain how organizations can design products, sales, and support so that customer effort is reduced or, better still, removed.
This simplicity for the customer is what Price and Jaffe call frictionless.
The book defines a straightforward methodology, drawing on more than thirty practical examples from leading companies across four continents.
The approach provides a radically different way for the whole business to focus on the customer experience.
It explains how any organization can look at all customer interactions as potential opportunities for improvement and question whether they are helpful or represent symptoms of friction.
Lower friction innovators are disrupting established businesses in every industry.
This detailed guide shows how any business—from start-ups to major multinational corporations—can remove friction.
Being frictionless has become a strategic necessity, and now this strategy is available to any organization.
About the Author
Bill Price is a keynote speaker, graduate-shool instructor in marketing and global business management, board member, and the co-author of The Best Service is No Service: How to Liberate Your Customers from Customer Service, Keep Them Happy, and Control Costs (2008) and Your Customer Rules!: Delivering the Me2B Experiences That Today’s Customers Demand (2014).
He is the founder and president of Driva Solutions based in Bellevue, Washington whose tagline is “Creating and sustaining highly effective customer contact strategies and operations, locally and globally.”
Bill started his career with McKinsey & Company in its San Francisco and Stockholm offices, serving global clients and working on what turned into the book In Search Of Excellence.
He was later the CFO and COO at an early-stage interactive voice response company that was later acquired by the telecommunications company MCI. He then built MCI Call Center Services’ automation, consulting, and agent outsourcing business and was later named one of the first Call Center Pioneers by CRM magazine.
In 1999, Bill joined Amazon as the company’s first worldwide VP of customer service, working closely with Jeff Bezos and his other direct reports to create what has become one of the most successful customer experience companies in the world.
Bill is a graduate of Dartmouth College and the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
And, interesting fact – he is a veteran of the United States Navy!
Listen to the Interview…
- The Frictionless Organization: Deliver Great Customer Experiences with Less Effort by Bill Price and David Jaffe (Amazon)
- The Best Service is No Service: How to Liberate Your Customers from Customer Service, Keep Them Happy, and Control Costs by Bill Price and David Jaffe (2008)
- Your Customer Rules!: Delivering the Me2B Experiences That Today’s Customers Demand by Bill Price and David Jaffe (2014)
- Bill Price (LinkedIn)
- The Frictionless Organization (book website with additional resources)
- Your Ad Ignored Here: Cartoons from 15 Years of Marketing, Business, and Doodling in Meetings by Tom Fishburne (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- How the Mighty Fall: And Why Some Companies Never Give In by Jim Collins
- What Customers Hate: Drive Fast and Scalable Growth by Eliminating the Things that Drive Business Away by Nicholas Webb (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The One to One Future: Building Relationships One Customer at a Time by Don Peppers and Martha Rogers
- Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas by James L. Adams
- Setting the Table: The Transforming Power of Hospitality in Business by Danny Meyer
- The Age of Intent: Using Artificial Intelligence to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience by P.V. Kannan
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions