Get Different: Marketing That Can’t Be Ignored! by Mike Michalowicz
About the Book
Many business owners are frustrated because they feel invisible in a crowded marketplace. They know they are better than their competitors, but when they focus on that fact, they get little in return. That’s because, to customers, better is not actually better. Different is better. And those who market differently, win.
In his new marketing book, Mike Michalowicz offers a proven, no-bullsh*t method to position your business, service, or brand to get noticed, attract the best prospects, and convert those opportunities into sales.
Told with the same humor and straight-talk that’s gained Michalowicz an army of ardent followers, with actionable insights drawn from stories of real-life entrepreneurs, this book lays out a simple, doable system based on three critical questions every entrepreneur and business owner must ask about their marketing:
1. Does it differentiate?
2. Does it attract?
3. Does it direct?
Get Different is a game-changer for everyone who struggles to grow because their brand, message, product or service doesn’t stand out and connect with customers–the long-anticipated answer to the defining business challenge of our time.
About the Author
By his 35th birthday, Mike Michalowicz had founded and sold two multi-million dollar companies.
Confident that he had the formula to success, he became a small business angel investor… and proceeded to lose his entire fortune. Then he started all over again, driven to find better ways to grow healthy, strong companies.
Since then Mike has devoted his life to the research and delivery of innovative, impactful business growth strategies.
Mike is the creator of Profit First, which is used by hundreds of thousands of companies around the world to drive profit. He is the creator of Clockwork, a powerful method to make any business run on automatic. He is the author of Profit First, Clockwork, Fix This Next, a Wall Street Journal bestseller, The Pumpkin Plan, Surge, and The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur.
Today, Mike leads two new multi-million-dollar ventures, as he tests his latest business research for his books. He is a popular keynote speaker, a former small business columnist for The Wall Street Journal, and business makeover specialist on MSNBC.
Mike is also a guest lecturer at universities including Babson, Boston College, Columbia, Copenhagen Business School, Emerson, Harvard, Penn State, Pepperdine, and Princeton. His books have been translated into over 25 languages and are in the core curriculum for business students at many universities.
And, interesting fact – he is a graduate of Virginia Tech (go Hokies!) where he was Captain of the lacrosse team!
Listen to the Interview…
- Get Different: Marketing That Can’t Be Ignored! by Mike Michalowicz (Amazon)
- Get Different (book website with free resources)
- The Get Different “Full Immersion”
- Mike Michalowicz (website)
- Mike Michalowicz (LinkedIn)
- How Mike Michalowicz Went From Unknown, Self-Published Author To Mainstream Publishing Success by Dorie Clark (Forbes)
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd by Allan Dib (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself by John Jantsch (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Stand-out Marketing: How to Differentiate Your Organization in a Sea of Sameness by Stacey Danheiser, Simon Kelly and Paul Johnston (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers by Jay Baer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt
- The Long Game: How to Be a Long-Term Thinker in a Short-Term World by Dorie Clark (September 24, 2021 Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Full Human Potential by Wim Hof
- Linda Weathers, Abacus Financial Services (Campbell, CA)
“Profit first” is better for entrepreneurs than “G.A.A.P.” | Mike Michalowicz | TEDxFultonStreet
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.