Go Luck Yourself: 40 Ways to Stack the Odds in Your Brand’s Favour by Andy Nairn
About the Author
Andy Nairn has led a charmed life. He stumbled into advertising after studying Law at Edinburgh University. Almost 30 years later, he’s one of the world’s most respected brand strategists and a founder of one of the UK’s most successful creative agencies, Lucky Generals.
Just how creative is Andy? Business Insider has listed him as one of the top five creative people in world advertising. And this year, Campaign magazine named him the top brand strategist in the UK.
And, interesting fact – he is the first Scottish author to appear on The Marketing Book Podcast!
About the Book
Luck is a four-letter word in business circles. But the truth is that fortune plays a part in every success story – and every failure. In Go Luck Yourself, one of the world’s leading brand strategists explains how a hunting trip led to the invention of VELCRO®.
How a little mermaid inspired a famous campaign for Amazon. How a stolen rabbit spurred on Walt Disney. And more importantly, how you can stack the odds in your brand’s favor.
Andy Nairn draws on everything from architecture to zoology, as well as almost 30 years working with some of the most successful companies on the planet, to provide a series of thought-provoking strategies that will help anyone responsible for building a brand.
He’ll show you how to uncover your organization’s hidden treasures. How to spot opportunities in unexpected places. How to turn misfortune into good fortune. And how to practice being lucky, every day.
Written in a very accessible and entertaining style, this is the book you need to improve your brand’s fortunes, in these turbulent times. Now Go Luck Yourself…
Listen to the Interview…
- Go Luck Yourself: 40 Ways to Stack the Odds in Your Brand’s Favour by Andy Nairn (Amazon)
- Andy Nairn (LinkedIn)
- Lucky Generals
- Commercial Break
The Red Army Choir – Get Lucky Daft Punk cover
Every Covid-19 Commercial is Exactly the Same
- Myths of Marketing: Banish the Misconceptions and Become a Great Marketer by Grant Leboff (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Saturday Night Live – Ad Agency Pitch Presentations
- Unfiltered Marketing: 5 Rules to Win Back Trust, Credibility, and Customers in a Digitally Distracted World by Stephen Denny and Paul Leinberger (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
People Are Outraged By This Pepsi Ad Starring Kendall Jenner
- Disruption: Overturning Conventions and Shaking Up the Marketplace by Jean-Marie Dru
- Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders by Adam Morgan
- Brandsplaining: Why Marketing is (Still) Sexist and How to Fix It by Jane Cunningham and Philippa Roberts
- Why Does The Pedlar Sing? By Paul Feldwick
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.