How Creativity Rules the World: The Art and Business of Turning Your Ideas into Gold by Maria Brito
About the Book
Learn to make creativity work for your career.
Maria Brito illustrates how creativity is merely a series of habits, actions, and attitudes that anyone can develop—regardless of who you are or what you do.
There has never been a more crucial time than now to develop your creativity and your ability to innovate. Coming up with original ideas of value is today’s most precious skill.
Contrary to a myth that has been unfairly perpetuated, creativity can be taught and learned by anyone. How Creativity Rules the World builds the case for creativity as an inexhaustible resource available to everyone and proves that it is the key to thriving in the business world and beyond.
With revealing studies and stories spanning business and art, How Creativity Rules The World is a deep dive into history, culture, psychology, science, and entrepreneurship; breaking down and analyzing the elements used by some of the most creative minds throughout the last 600 years.
Maria Brito discovered the power of creativity when she transitioned from being an unhappy corporate lawyer to a thriving entrepreneur and innovator in the art world. She flipped the barrenness around her to emerge as one of the most well-known disruptors in the art world.
With this book, you will learn how to:
- Overcome limiting thoughts and dispel myths about creativity.
- Unleash creativity through concrete data, historical passages, and examples of modern entrepreneurship.
- Develop timeless habits, principles, and tools that worked six centuries ago and continue to work today.
- Employ creativity in an everyday context to produce extraordinary results.
After applying the principles in How Creativity Rules the World to her own business, she started teaching them to hundreds of people, ranging from entrepreneurs to artists to CEOs. As evidenced by her students’ creative successes, Maria knows that this timeless guide will allow others to strike gold with their ideas.
How Creativity Rules the World promises to make the creative process of successful seven-figure artists and billion-dollar entrepreneurs—as well as Maria’s own—accessible and actionable for you to take the power of their ideas to the next level.
About the Author
Originally from Venezuela, Maria Brito was selected by Complex Magazine as one of the “20 Power Players in the Art World,” as well as being named one of ARTNEWS Magazine’s “Deciders.”
She has advised hip-hop moguls, Oscar® winning actors, Tony® winning producers, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, and many more.
She has written for publications such as Entrepreneur, Huffington Post, Elle, Forbes, Artnet, Cultured Magazine, and Departures.
For several years, Maria has taught her creativity course in companies, and in 2019, she launched “Jumpstart,” an online program on creativity for entrepreneurs based on years of research and observation in both the areas of business and art.
Maria also wrote and hosted “The “C” Files with Maria Brito”, a TV and streaming series for PBS’s new station “ALL ARTS.”
And, interesting facts – she is a graduate of Harvard University and Harvard Law School!
Listen to the Interview…
- How Creativity Rules the World: The Art and Business of Turning Your Ideas into Gold by Maria Brito (Amazon)
- Maria Brito (website)
- Maria Brito (LinkedIn)
- Maria Brito (Twitter)
- The Creative Curve: How to Develop the Right Idea, at the Right Time by Allen Gannett (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Creator Mindset: 92 Tools to Unlock the Secrets to Innovation, Growth, and Sustainability by Nir Bashan (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Traction: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection and the Language of Human Experience by Brené Brown
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.