Human-Centered Communication: A Business Case Against Digital Pollution by Ethan Beute and Stephen Pacinelli
About the Book
Digital pollution is the problem.
Human-centered communication is the solution.
We’re spending more time than ever in virtual environments.
That will only increase, as will the amount of noise we encounter there.
The seemingly endless series of unwelcome digital distractions range from frustrating to dangerous.
As individuals and businesses, we not only spend time and energy managing this digital pollution, we often create it. At risk are relationships and revenue.
The only viable way forward is to be more thoughtful, intentional, and personal.
Human-Centered Communication provides a philosophy and practice to help you connect in more meaningful and effective ways with prospects, customers, team members, and every stakeholder in your success.
- Breakthrough the noise and earn attention
- Build trust and create engagement
- Enhance your reputation with both people and algorithms
The concepts and models in this book apply to any form or channel of communication, but human centricity favors video.
More visual and emotional than faceless digital communication, video enhances tone, intent, subtlety, nuance, and meaning.
Learn to be clearer and more confident on camera in live video calls, meetings, and presentations, as well as in recorded video emails, social messages, and text messages.
The authors of the bestselling Rehumanize Your Business join with eleven industry-leading experts from companies like Salesforce, HubSpot, and RE/MAX to lead the growing conversation on leveraging human strengths in an increasingly digital world.
The brightest future is tech-enabled, but authors Ethan Beute and Stephen Pacinelli show that it’s also human-centered.
The experts studied, interviewed, and featured:
- Jacco van der Kooij, Founder of Winning by Design
- Dan Hill, PhD, President of Sensory Logic
- Mathew Sweezey, Director of Market Strategy at Salesforce
- Julie Hansen, Creator of the Selling on Video Master Class
- Adam Contos, CEO of RE/MAX
- Lauren Bailey, Founder and President of Factor 8 and #GirlsClub
- Mario Martinez Jr, Founder and CEO of Vengreso
- Viveka von Rosen, Cofounder and Chief Visibility Officer at Vengreso
- Shep Hyken, Customer Service and Customer Experience Expert
- Morgan J Ingram, Director of Sales Execution at JB Sales Training
- Dan Tyre, sales executive and founding team member at HubSpot
Among the themes addressed:
- Trust and relationships
- Communication and connection
- Service and value
- Text and video
- Noise and pollution
Among the types of videos in which you’ll become more confident and effective:
- Live, synchronous video meetings
- Recorded, asynchronous video messages
- Video calls and video presentations
- Video in emails and text messages
- Video in social feeds and social messages
- Video for specific individuals and large groups
- Video for known audiences and anonymous masses
- Video for prospects, customers, employees, and other stakeholders
For immediate benefits and for long-term reputation, now is the time to get ahead of and stay ahead of ever-increasing digital noise and pollution – with Human-Centered Communication.
About the Author
Ethan Beute is the Chief Evangelist at BombBomb a video email sales and marketing software platform, is the host of The Customer Experience Podcast, and co-author of Rehumanize Your Business: How Personal Videos Accelerate Sales and Improve Customer Experience (featured on episode 239 of The Marketing Book Podcast in 2019).
Ethan has collected and told personal video success stories in hundreds of blog posts, in dozens of webinars, podcasts, and stage presentations, and in countless conversations. He’s sent more than 12,000 video messages himself.
Prior to joining BombBomb, he spent a dozen years leading marketing inside local television stations in Chicago, Grand Rapids, and Colorado Springs.
And, interesting fact – his first real job out of college was driving a school bus for Microsoft!
Listen to the Interview…
- Human-Centered Communication: A Business Case Against Digital Pollution by Ethan Beute and Stephen Pacinelli
- Ethan Beute (website)
- Ethan Beute (LinkedIn)
- Rehumanize Your Business: How Personal Videos Accelerate Sales and Improve Customer Experience by Ethan Beute and Stephen Pacinelli (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Human-Centered Communication (book website)
- Human-Centered Communication (book bonuses)
- Z.E.R.O.: Zero Paid Media as the New Marketing Model by Joseph Jaffe and Maarten Albarda (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Context Marketing Revolution: How to Motivate Buyers in the Age of Infinite Media by Mathew Sweezey (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Mathew Sweezey: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails
- I’ll Be Back: How to Get Customers to Come Back Again & Again by Shep Hyken (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Inbound Organization: How to Build and Strengthen Your Company’s Future Using Inbound Principles by Todd Hockenberry and Dan Tyre (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Start with a Win: Tools and Lessons to Create Personal and Business Success by Adam Contos
- Look Me In The Eye: Using Video to Build Relationships With Customers, Partners, and Teams by Julie Hansen
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.