I’ll Be Back: How to Get Customers to Come Back Again & Again by Shep Hyken
About the Book
How do you build a business that thrives during good times and bad? Is there a strategy that can set your company up for success, no matter what curveballs the world may throw your way?
There is: Turn customers into repeat customers and turn repeat customers into loyal customers.
Renowned customer service and experience expert Shep Hyken maintains that delivering an amazing customer service experience that keeps customers coming back for more is everyone’s job.
Customer service is not a department. It’s not just for people on the front lines. It’s the responsibility of everyone in the organization, from the CEO or owner of a business to the most recently hired employee.
It’s the result of a customer-focused philosophy that must be baked into the culture. And it is what separates you from your competition.
In I’ll Be Back you will learn…
- How to design and create an experience that gets customers to return, again and again
- The one trackable trend that leaders must monitor every morning
- The difference between repeat customers and loyal customers
- How to build the I’ll Be Back culture
- How delivering an amazing customer experience is within the reach of every organization
- The two simple words that are the secret to every customer service program
- Why most “loyalty programs” fail to create customer loyalty
- How to personalize the customer experience
- Why setting up or expanding self-service and digital customer service choices are is a must, not an option
- Ten loyalty killers that can terminate your relationship with your customers
- And much more!
This book includes the must-have tools, tactics, and strategies you need to get your customers to say, “I’ll be back!”
About the Author
Shep is a customer service and experience expert, and a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author.
An award-winning keynote speaker who has been inducted into the National Speakers Association Hall of Fame, and his articles have appeared in hundreds of publications.
Shep works with companies and organizations that want to build loyal relationships with their customers and employees.
His articles have been read in hundreds of publications, and he is the author of Moments of Magic®, The Loyal Customer, The Cult of the Customer, The Amazement Revolution, Amaze Every Customer Every Time, Be Amazing or Go Home, and The Convenience Revolution which was featured on episode 192 of the marketing book podcast in 2018.
He is also the creator of The Customer Focus™, a customer service training program that helps clients develop a customer service culture and loyalty mindset.
Shep has worked with hundreds of clients ranging from Fortune 100 size organizations to companies with less than 50 employees. Some of his clients include American Airlines, AAA, Anheuser-Busch, AT&T, AETNA, Abbott Laboratories, American Express – and that’s just a few of the A’s!
And, interesting fact – he does magic and card tricks, plays guitar, and is a die-hard St. Louis Blues hockey fan!
Listen to the Interview…
- I’ll Be Back: How to Get Customers to Come Back Again & Again by Shep Hyken (Amazon)
- Shep Hyken (website)
- Shep Hyken (LinkedIn)
- The Convenience Revolution: How to Deliver a Customer Service Experience that Disrupts the Competition and Creates Fierce Loyalty by Shep Hyken (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World: Surviving and Thriving in a World of Digital Giants by Ray Wang
- Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for your Ideas, Business and Life Against All Odds by Mark Schaefer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Product-Led SEO: The Why Behind Building Your Organic Growth Strategy by Eli Schwartz
- Human-Centered Communication: A Business Case Against Digital Pollution by Ethan Beute and Stephen Pacinelli
- I’ll Be Back (book extras)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.