The Marketing Leader’s Code: Unlock Your Potential – Learn The Secrets Of Successful Marketing Leadership by Gareth Helm
About the Book
The Marketing Leader’s CODE is a leadership book for marketing leaders, written by marketing leaders.
Much has been published about the challenges marketing leaders face, but very little has been done to prepare marketers for the leadership role and to be successful.
This book fills this gap by distilling the activities of successful marketing leaders into a simple framework and providing diagnostic assessments, real-life case studies, and a toolkit of tactics to build capability.
About the Author
Gareth Helm has over 30 years of experience in marketing businesses all around the world, with half of this time working in the Leadership Team.
Starting out as a graduate trainee with Unilever in the Middle East, he went on to be the marketing leader or advisor on a wide variety of brands in different stages of their life cycle. From new start-ups to some of the world’s largest and favorite brands including McDonald’s and Mars.
Gareth was recognized as one of the top 100 most effective marketers in 2021 by Marketing Week and is a Fellow of The Marketing Academy, a community of over 200 senior marketing leaders globally.
And, interesting fact – midway through Gareth’s marketing career he found out he was dyslexic!
Listen to the Interview…
- The Marketing Leader’s Code: Unlock Your Potential – Learn The Secrets Of Successful Marketing Leadership by Gareth Helm (Amazon)
- Gareth Helm (LinkedIn)
- Gareth Helm (Twitter)
- Sideminds – Gareth’s firm (get your free assessment as mentioned in the interview)
- The Whole Marketer: How to Become a Successful and Fulfilled Marketer by Abigail Dixon (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader: How to Succeed by Building Customer and Company Value by Thomas Barta and Patrick Barwise (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Marketing Flexology: How to Outsmart Change and Future-Proof Your Career by Engelina Jaspers (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Sway: Implement the G.R.I.T. Marketing Method to Gain Influence and Drive Corporate Strategy by Christina Del Villar (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Stand-out Marketing: How to Differentiate Your Organization in a Sea of Sameness by Stacey Danheiser, Simon Kelly and Paul Johnston (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Positioning for Advantage: Techniques and Strategies to Grow Brand Value by Kimberly A. Whitler, Ph.D. (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Why CMOs Never Last (Harvard Business Review, July-August 2017)
- Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders by Adam Morgan
- How Brands Grow: What Marketers Don’t Know by Byron Sharp
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Noise: A Flaw in Human Judgment by Daniel Kahneman, Olivier Sibony, and Cass R. Sunstein
- Time to Think: Listening to Ignite the Human Mind by Nancy Kline
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions