Myths of Social Media: Dispel the Misconceptions and Master Social Media 2nd Ed. by Michelle Carvill and Ian MacRae
About the Book
Everyone knows that social media is free, millennials are all adept social media experts, and businesses always have to be available 24/7 and ultimately none of it really matters, as the digital space is full of fake news and online messaging is seen as inauthentic.
The use of social media as a business tool is dominated by falsehoods, fiction, and fabrications.
In Myths of Social Media, digital consultant Michelle Carvill and workplace psychologist Ian MacRae dismiss many of the most keenly-held misconceptions and instead, present the reality of social media best practices.
Using helpful and instructive, sometimes entertaining, and occasionally eye-watering examples of what you should and should not do, Myths of Social Media bunks the most commonly held myths and shows you how to use social media effectively for work and at work.
About the Author
Ian MacRae is a work psychologist, consultant, speaker, author, and Managing Director of High Potential Psychology.
He works with and writes about, a wide range of topics relating to psychology and the workplace. He developed the High Potential Traits Inventory (HPTI), a personality assessment that has been translated into dozens of languages and used by over 50,000 people around the world.
He has published six books which have been translated into 10 different languages including Myths of Work: Dispel the Misconceptions and Succeed in the World of Work, Dark Social: Understanding the Darker Side of Work, Personality and Social Media, High Potential: How To Spot, Manage And Develop Talented People At Work, and Motivation and Performance: A Guide to Motivating a Diverse Workforce.
And, interesting fact – despite living in the UK and having a Scottish name, he doesn’t have a Scottish accent – he is from Canada!
Listen to the Interview…
- Myths of Social Media: Dispel the Misconceptions and Master Social Media 2nd Ed. by Michelle Carvill and Ian MacRae (Amazon)
- Ian MacRae (LinkedIn)
- Ian MacRae (Twitter)
- High Potential Psychology Ltd.
- Artificial Intelligence for Marketing: Practical Applications by Jim Sterne (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Myths of Social Media: Dismiss the Misconceptions and Use Social Media Effectively in Business (1st Edition) by Michelle Carvill and Ian MacRae (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Myths of Marketing: Banish the Misconceptions and Become a Great Marketer by Grant Leboff (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Social Selling: Techniques to Influence Buyers and Changemakers (2nd Edition) by Tim Hughes
- Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers by Jay Baer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Content Marketing, Podcasting, Social Media, AI, Live Video, and Newsjacking to Reach Buyers Directly (8th Edition) by David Meerman Scott (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Philip Zimbardo
- Richard Dawkins
- Sustainable Marketing: How to Drive Profits with Purpose by Michelle Carvill, Gemma Butler, and Geraint Evans (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Myths of Work: Dispel the Misconceptions and Succeed in the World of Work by Ian MacRae
- Dark Social: Understanding the Darker Side of Work, Personality and Social Media by Ian MacRae
- High Potential: How To Spot, Manage And Develop Talented People At Work by Ian MacRae, Adrian Furnham, and Martin Reed
- Motivation and Performance: A Guide to Motivating a Diverse Workforce by Ian MacRae and Adrian Furnham
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions