Never Lose an Employee Again: The Simple Path to Remarkable Retention by Joey Coleman
About the Book
If keeping employees is a challenge for you, Never Lose an Employee Again offers a proven framework for increasing retention, engagement, and in the process, profits.
Joey Coleman, one of the world’s leading experts on employee experience, reveals practical strategies that will teach you exactly how to recruit top talent, bring them onboard successfully, and keep them engaged. At the same time, they produce remarkable results for years to come.
Finding and keeping quality employees is one of the most significant challenges facing businesses today.
With more people quitting their jobs each month than ever before and employees demanding flexibility, freedom, and advancement, companies are struggling to build a foundation with new hires that leads to long-term commitment.
To effectively combat the hiring crisis and remain competitive, business owners and managers must design an employee experience program that begins on day one.
In Never Lose an Employee Again, Coleman offers a step-by-step playbook for creating a retention plan with long-term success.
With more than fifty proven case studies from organizations on seven continents, Coleman details how you can forge a relationship with your people during each of the eight phases of the employee journey.
For each phase, Coleman walks you through the six forms of communication integral to success (in-person, email, phone, mail, video, and even gifts) so you can better connect with your team. You’ll learn how to:
- write job descriptions that attract the right candidates (and plenty of them);
- counter the “hire’s remorse” that every employee feels (yet few businesses ever address);
- welcome someone on their first day in a way that will leave them talking about it years later;
- acclimate your people to get them up and running faster and more effectively;
- re-engage your existing employees to turn them into raving fans;
… and much more.
Never Lose an Employee Again will reshape the way you think about recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and retaining quality team members–whether you are an owner looking to hire your first few employees, an organization hoping to redefine an industry or an enterprise that needs to keep growing on a global scale.
About the Author
Joey Coleman helps companies keep their customers and employees.
As an award-winning international keynote speaker (he’s spoken on all seven continents), he works with organizations around the world ranging from small startups to major brands such as Volkswagen Australia, Zappos, and Whirlpool.
His Wall Street Journal best-selling book, Never Lose a Customer Again (featured on episode 167 of The Marketing Book Podcast in 2018), offers strategies and tactics for turning one-time purchasers into lifelong customers.
Joey is a very proud graduate of Notre Dame University and is a recovering lawyer.
And, interesting facts – after law school he worked at The White House, the CIA, and for the Secret Service.
Listen to the Interview…
- Never Lose an Employee Again: The Simple Path to Remarkable Retention by Joey Coleman (Amazon)
- Never Lose an Employee Again (book website with additional resources)
- Joey Coleman (website)
- Joey Coleman (LinkedIn)
- Joey Coleman (Twitter)
- Never Lose a Customer Again: Turn Any Sale into Lifelong Loyalty in 100 Days by Joey Coleman (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Joey Coleman: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails
- Email Marketing Rules: 184 Best Practices to Optimize the Subscriber Experience and Drive Business Success by Chad S. White (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Happy Work: How To Create A Culture Of Happiness by Nicholas Webb (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Experience Mindset: Changing the Way You Think About Growth by Tiffani Bova (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Think. Do. Say.: How to Seize Attention and Build Trust in a Busy, Busy World by Ron Tite (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- UnBranding: 100 Branding Lessons for the Age of Disruption by Alison Stratten and Scott Stratten (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Sell Different!: All New Sales Differentiation Strategies to Outsmart, Outmaneuver, and Outsell the Competition by Lee Salz (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- How to Work with (Almost) Anyone: Five Questions for Building the Best Possible Relationships by Michael Bungay Stanier
- All In: How Great Leaders Build Unstoppable Teams by Mike Michalowicz
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions