A Practitioner’s Guide to Account-Based Marketing: Accelerating Growth in Strategic Accounts (2nd Edition) by Bev Burgess and Dave Munn
About the Book
As some of today’s major and complex companies are worth more than the GDPs of some countries, traditional marketing approaches, such as glossy corporate campaigns, will have limited returns.
Account-based marketing, also known as client-centric marketing, treats important individual accounts as markets in their own right, to help strengthen relationships, build reputation, and increase revenues in important accounts.
A Practitioner’s Guide to Account-Based Marketing outlines a clear, step-by-step process for readers to harness ABM tools and techniques and set up ABM programs.
Featuring insights from practicing professionals and case studies from organizations including Fujitsu, Infosys, Microsoft, O2, and ServiceNow, it also contains guidance on developing the competencies needed for account-based marketing and managing your ABM career.
This updated second edition contains further discussion on how ABM initiatives can go from a pilot to being embedded in a business, new material on quantified value propositions, and updated wider research.
Meticulously researched and highly practical, A Practitioner’s Guide to Account-Based Marketing will help all marketers to deliver successful B2B marketing.
About the Author
Prior to joining ITSMA in 1995 Dave held senior-level marketing positions with Oracle and Apple and was a senior analyst at the Ledgeway Group (now part of Gartner).
He holds an MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School, where he concentrated in Marketing and Corporate Strategy.
And, interesting fact: The only reason his wife Jennifer married him is that on their first date he mentioned having read Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises and that he had run with the bulls in Pamplona Spain!
Listen to the Interview…
- A Practitioner’s Guide to Account-Based Marketing: Accelerating Growth in Strategic Accounts (2nd Edition) by Bev Burgess and Dave Munn (Amazon)
- Dave Munn (ITSMA)
- Dave Munn (LinkedIn)
- Dave Munn (LinkedIn)
- Why Business People Speak Like Idiots: A Bullfighter’s Guide by Brian Fugere
- The Gobbledygook Manifesto by David Meerman Scott (free download – no registration required)
- Differentiate or Die: Survival in Our Era of Killer Competition by Jack Trout and Steve Rivkin
- Get Different: Marketing That Can’t Be Ignored! by Mike Michalowicz (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Sell with a Story: How to Capture Attention, Build Trust, and Close the Sale by Paul Smith (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Impossible to Ignore: Creating Memorable Content to Influence Decisions by Carmen Simon (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Transformation Myth: Leading Your Organization through Uncertain Times by Gerald C. Kane, Rich Nanda, Anh Nguyen Phillips, and Jonathan R. Copulsky
- Fight: How Gen Z Is Channeling Their Fear and Passion to Save America by John Della Volpe
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.