Primal Storytelling: Marketing for Humans by Anthony Butler
About the Book
“I woke up to my mother’s screams”
These are the first words of Anthony Butler’s Primal Storytelling.
From a fire in Montana to the streets of Fallujah, Iraq, to the war for attention among 1.5 billion websites globally, Butler proves time and again that stories are the most effective way to capture human attention.
Two years into running his own digital agency, Butler was stunned when a new client left. The work was good, they said, but the results weren’t consistent. So Butler set out to fix it—to design a reliable digital marketing system that would always come out ahead.
The result is an approach that combines evolutionary psychology with age-old story techniques to create high-performing digital content that cuts through the noise.
Whether you’re competing for local foot traffic or global downloads, Primal Storytelling will help you forge authentic connections with your audience, improve your brand performance in social media and SEO, and supercharge your content results.
About the Author
Anthony Butler is the founder of the digital marketing agency Can-Do Ideas and the creator of the Primal Storytelling content system.
An expert in brand storytelling and digital marketing, Anthony graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point and the US Army Ranger School.
He is a combat veteran who commanded an infantry company in Iraq during the invasion of Baghdad.
And, interesting fact – he is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt!
Listen to the Interview…
- Primal Storytelling: Marketing for Humans by Anthony Butler (Amazon)
- Anthony Butler (LinkedIn)
- Thunder Run: The Armored Strike to Capture Baghdad by David Zucchino
- The Secret (6-book series) by Rhonda Byrne
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers by Christopher Vogler
- Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Converting Your Online Visitors into Lifelong Customers by Russell Brunson
- Put Your Ass Where Your Heart Wants to Be by Steven Pressfield (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Cradle (11-book series) by Will White
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions