RE:Think Innovation: How the World’s Most Prolific Innovators Come Up with Great Ideas that Deliver Extraordinary Outcomes by Carla Johnson
About the Book
RE:Think Innovation makes coming up with great ideas everybody’s business.
People think innovation isn’t sustainable, so they make it much harder than it has to be.
Experts portray it as confusing and complicated so they can charge big fees.
Executives make it intimidating and complex, so they appear smarter and important.
Traditional innovators imply you need a special degree or training to know how to do it right.
The truth is, consistently coming up with great ideas isn’t a talent one is born with or a skill that takes years to learn.
It’s actually a simple 5-step framework that anyone can follow to look at the work that they do differently, and have a bigger impact on the people they serve.
RE:Think Innovation answers the question of how to tie individual competence with innovation techniques to direct corporate outcomes.
Within its pages, Carla Johnson shows how to create a unified, idea-driven employee base that delivers more ideas in a shorter amount of time.
Ultimately, this is the path that makes organizations genuinely nimble, passionate, innovative powerhouses that deliver extraordinary outcomes for sustained periods of time.
About the Author
Carla Johnson is an innovation and marketing expert, keynote speaker, and prolific author.
Her work with Fortune 500 brands served as the foundation for many of her books. Having lived, worked, and studied on five continents, she’s trained thousands of people how to rethink the work that they do and the impact they can have. Her expertise has inspired and equipped leaders at all levels to embrace change, welcome new ideas, and transform their businesses.
And, interesting facts about Carla (based on a careful reading of her book): she grew up in a town of 1,000 people in rural Nebraska, when she was four years old she was in the community fashion show, she’s been known to doze off in big, soft, cushy chairs and coffee shops, and if you ever meet her in person – she’s a hugger!
Listen to the Interview…
- RE:Think Innovation: How the World’s Most Prolific Innovators Come Up with Great Ideas that Deliver Extraordinary Outcomes by Carla Johnson (Amazon)
- Carla Johnson (website)
- Carla Johnson (LinkedIn)
- X: The Experience When Business Meets Design by Brian Solis (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Mean People Suck: How Empathy Leads to Bigger Profits and a Better Life by Michael Brenner (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing by Robert Rose and Carla Johnson (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Carla Johnson: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails
- The Creative Curve: How to Develop the Right Idea, at the Right Time by Allen Gannett (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Creator Mindset: 92 Tools to Unlock the Secrets to Innovation, Growth, and Sustainability by Nir Bashan (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Innovation Mandate: The Growth Secrets of the Best Organizations in the World by Nicholas Webb (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life by Nir Eyal (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The 3-Minute Rule: Say Less to Get More from Any Pitch or Presentation by Brant Pinvidic (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Daniel Pink
- Marketing 5.0: Technology for Humanity by Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya and Iwan Setiawan (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Big Little Breakthroughs: How Small, Everyday Innovations Drive Oversized Results by Josh Linkner
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.