Revenue Growth Engine: How to Align Sales & Marketing to Accelerate Growth by Darrell Amy
About the Author
Darryl Amy is an author, growth architect, blogger, professional speaker, podcaster and entrepreneur.
After beginning his career in sales and sales management in the highly competitive office equipment business, he began helping office equipment dealers train their sales teams and develop marketing and sales plans.
In 2004, Darrell launched a digital marketing agency that evolved from being a website development company to a complete digital marketing services agency to a consultancy that helps companies implement strategic growth strategies.
He has trained thousands of sales people across the world and helped Fortune 500 companies develop and deploy sales training programs.
And, interesting fact: he likes sweet things. He was born and raised in Canada, where he developed a love of sweet maple syrup, and ultimately met and married a sweet southern girl from Arkansas where he now lives!
About the Book
Need to grow revenue faster?
In Revenue Growth Engine, Darrell Amy presents a strategy to accelerate growth.
Whether you own a company, lead a sales team, or work in marketing, you share the same goal: revenue growth.
In today’s economy, companies need to accelerate revenue growth. Every company has a Revenue Growth Engine. This is the sum of their sales and marketing efforts. The problem is that most engines are not firing on all cylinders. There may even be important cylinders missing. The good news is that when your Revenue Growth Engine is performing with all cylinders firing, you accelerate revenue growth!
In this book, you will quickly see which parts of your company’s growth engine are not performing. You will discover the law of exponential growth and how to accelerate growth with ideal clients. You will find a big picture model for aligning marketing and sales to drive growth. Darrell walks you step by step through how to improve each component of your growth engine.
Anyone who shares responsibility for revenue will appreciate this book.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn:
- Discover a model to set aggressive and achievable growth goals
- Achieve cross-sell goals to drive more revenue per client
- Align sales and marketing to drive revenue growth
- Enhance your buyer and client experiences to build loyalty
Chief Revenue Officers:
- Create scorecards to measure success
- Get a framework to make better marketing decisions
- Implement a periodic business review process
- Create a target account program with 10X prospects
- Drive multi-touch prospecting campaigns that are measurable
- Win more deals with strategies to influence buying teams
- Build effective messages based on the business outcomes ideal clients desire
- Create lead management strategies to qualify sales leads
- Develop client loyalty programs that increase cross-sell revenue
Listen to the Interview…
- Revenue Growth Engine: How to Align Sales & Marketing to Accelerate Growth by Darrell Amy (Amazon)
- Revenue Growth Engine (book website)
- Darrell Amy (LinkedIn)
- The Science of Customer Connections: Manage Your Message to Grow Your Business by Jim Karrh (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The New Solution Selling: The Revolutionary Sales Process That is Changing the Way People Sell by Keith M. Eades
- Eat Their Lunch: Winning Customers Away from Your Competitionby Anthony Iannarino (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Marketing Myopia by Theodore Levitt
- This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See by Seth Godin(Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- Sell it Today, Sell it Now: Mastering the Art of the One-Call Close by Tom Hopkins
- They Ask, You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer, Revised & Updated 2nd Edition by Marcus Sheridan (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Excellence Wins: A No-Nonsense Guide to Becoming the Best in a World of Compromise by Horst Schulze
- The Experience Economy: Competing for Customer Time, Attention, and Money by Joseph Pine and James Gilmore
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
- Selling From The Heart: How Your Authentic Self Sells You! by Larry Levine
- Find Your Yellow Tux: How to Be Successful by Standing Out by Jesse Cole
- Darrell Amy’s Favorite Revenue Growth Books
- Revenue Growth Took Kit
- Selling From the Heart Podcast
- Revenue Growth Podcast
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, Host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.