Selling Through Tough Times: Grow Your Profits and Mental Resilience Through any Downturn by Paul Reilly
About the Book
As a sales professional, you know that it’s harder to sell in tough times―whether it’s a recession, industry-wide challenge, or global pandemic. You may also have noticed that some salespeople and managers not only survive but thrive through tough times. How do they do it? What do they do to thrive through adversity?
Paul Reilly explains it all in Selling Through Tough Times:
Customers buy differently in tough times, so salespeople need to sell differently in tough times. In this eye-opening and indispensable guide, he shows how to develop the right mindset and adapt your skills to prevail in even the most challenging selling climate.
His plan includes both immediate, hands-on action plans (including six Daily Mental Flex activities) as well as longer-range strategies to ensure you (and your team) never get caught on the back foot again.
While the principles of selling are constant, Reilly demonstrates how changing your tactics in tough times will not only help you through current difficulties but help you emerge stronger.
You’ll discover how to redefine value in customer terms, reposition products and services, and how to employ different persuasion tactics. You’ll also learn how to select and pursue the right opportunities, win more deals, and―crucially―protect profit by embracing the “tough timers” mental attitude.
Tough times are inevitable and often unpredictable. But in Selling Through Tough Times, you’ll find the tools and mindset you need to power through them―and come out on top.
About the Author
Paul Reilly is a speaker, sales trainer, and author. He is the co-author of Value-Added Selling and hosts the Q&A Sales Podcast.
In his extensive sales career, Paul has sold through tough times and against tough competition. He cut his teeth in the commoditized propane industry – a notoriously price-sensitive and competitive market. He sold tools and fasteners in the construction industry during the Great Recession and sold medical equipment during one of the most uncertain times in the healthcare industry.
And, interesting fact – he has a degree in marketing and is a fanatic golfer who has hit a hole in one!
Listen to the Interview…
- Selling Through Tough Times: Grow Your Profits and Mental Resilience Through any Downturn by Paul Reilly (Amazon)
- ToughTimer.com (book site with bonus downloads)
- Paul Reilly (LinkedIn)
- Paul Reilly (Twitter)
- The Q and A Sales Podcast
- Tom Reilly Training (business website)
- New Sales. Simplified.: The Essential Handbook for Prospecting and New Business Development by Mike Weinberg (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Sales Truth: Debunk the Myths. Apply Powerful Principles. Win More New Sales. by Mike Weinberg (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- How Creativity Rules the World: The Art and Business of Turning Your Ideas into Gold by Maria Brito (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Elite Sales Strategies: A Guide to Being One-Up, Creating Value, and Becoming Truly Consultative by Anthony Iannarino (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Eat Their Lunch: Winning Customers Away from Your Competition by Anthony Iannarino (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization by Peter M. Senge
- The Bible (Get a free Bible for your phone, tablet, and computer)
- Value-Added Selling, Fourth Edition: How to Sell More Profitably, Confidently, and Professionally by Competing on Value—Not Price: How to Sell More Profitably, … by Competing on Value–Not Price by Tom and Paul Reilly
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants by Malcolm Gladwell
- Lead with a Story: A Guide to Crafting Business Narratives That Captivate, Convince, and Inspire by Paul Smith
- Sell with a Story: How to Capture Attention, Build Trust, and Close the Sale by Paul Smith (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The 10 Stories Great Leaders Tell by Paul Smith (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- The Gap and The Gain: The High Achievers’ Guide to Happiness, Confidence, and Success by Dan Sullivan and Dr. Benjamin Hardy
- The Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
- The Bomber Mafia: A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War by Malcolm Gladwell
- A Course Called Ireland: A Long Walk in Search of a Country, a Pint, and the Next Tee by Tom Coyne
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.