Strikingly Different Selling: 6 Vital Skills to Stand Out and Sell More by Dale Merrill, Scott Savage, Jennifer Colosimo, and Randy Illig
About the Book
You are competing with the top salespeople in your industry for the same customers. For each sales opportunity, there is only one winner.
What separates a “winner” from the rest of the very best and makes them “strikingly different”?
Six years of intensely focused research involving more than 2,800 sales professionals from 135 countries reveals the 6 vital skills that separate top sales performers from the herd. Learn what it takes to be that one winner!
What really works to stand out and sell more? In their book Strikingly Different Selling, Dale Merrill, Scott Savage, Jennifer Colosimo, and Randy Illig (the sales performance experts at FranklinCovey) reveal the secrets to consistent, predictable sales success.
The 6 Vital Skills. The author team found that most consultants and sales professionals believed they were doing a great job in their client interactions. Yet 70 percent of the time client executives felt their meetings with sales professionals were a waste of time.
To the authors, this was a major surprise. But, for the “Strikingly Different” sales professionals, there were six things they did to consistently outperform their competitors and radically change their client interactions and results.
Go from being just one of the sales crowd to the superior choice. Read Strikingly Different Selling: 6 Vital Skills to Stand Out and Sell More and learn the details behind the 6 skills.
The 6 vital skills to stand out and sell more:
- Capture Attention with Verbal Billboards
- Create Excitement with Movie Trailers
- Build Confidence with Flashbacks and Flashforwards
- Become Essential with “Why Us!” Differentiators
- Get Curious and Find the Gaps
- Navigate Traffic Lights and Close the Gaps
If you have found books such as SPIN Selling, The Challenger Sale, To Sell is Human, The Secrets of Closing the Sale, or Start with Why to be useful; then your next read should be Strikingly Different Selling.
About the Author
Dale Merrill is a Global Managing Director in FranklinCovey’s Sales Performance Practice where he helps clients dramatically grow revenues and profitability.
For more than 30 years, Dale has led businesses and helped a wide range of clients solve challenges and win more business around the world including North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
Prior to joining Franklin Covey, Dale served in senior executive leadership roles at several different companies, including as President of a 1,500-employee digital services company, as CEO of a private investment company, and as a Partner with a global consulting company.
He is a proud graduate of Brigham Young University and, interesting fact – he is also a Certified Public Accountant!
Listen to the Interview…
- Strikingly Different Selling: 6 Vital Skills to Stand Out and Sell More by Dale Merrill, Scott Savage, Jennifer Colosimo and Randy Illig (Amazon)
- Book Website (Franklin Covey)
- Dale Merrill (LinkedIn)
- The Perfect Close: The Secret To Closing Sales by James Muir (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Steve Young (Wikipedia)
- Get Different: Marketing That Can’t Be Ignored! by Mike Michalowicz (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches by Adam Franklin and Toby Jenkins (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: 30th Anniversary Edition by Stephen R. Covey
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Great by Choice: Uncertainty, Chaos, and Luck–Why Some Thrive Despite Them All by Jim Collins
- Stephen Covey (Wikipedia)
- Amp It Up: Leading for Hypergrowth by Raising Expectations, Increasing Urgency, and Elevating Intensity by Frank Slootman
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.