Teenage Wastebrand: How Your Brand Can Stop Struggling and Start Scaling by Evelyn Starr
About the Author
Evelyn Starr is a brand expert and writer with over 25 years of marketing strategy and research experience. She specializes in working with Brands in Adolescence, brands that have stalled after their initial success.
Evelyn earned an MBA in Marketing from Boston College’s Carroll School of Management and graduated with honors from Vassar College with a BA in Economics and French.
And, interesting fact – Eveylyn’s high school senior class voted her “Female Class Bookworm!”
About the Book
Has your business hit a wall? Have you struggled to figure out why?
Business owners bear the burden of chief brand builder. You think it will get easier once you get past start-up mode, but growth brings more to manage, not less.
It’s hard to know if you’re doing well.
When your numbers climb, they signal success to you. But then they level off. And refuse to budge.
Your brand’s hit its awkward adolescent stage.
Based on 30 years of marketing experience and extensive study, brand expert Evelyn Starr shows you how to identify what holds your brand back and overcome it.
In this groundbreaking book, you’ll discover:
- The eight symptoms adolescent brands display, including identity crisis, oversleeping and suffering from FOMO.
- Specific questions to help you diagnose the symptom hindering your brand.
- How brands like FedEx, Netflix, Spotify, and Crocs navigated their adolescence to emerge stronger.
- What business owners like you have done to course-correct their brands and what worked best.
- Step-by-step guides to help you exit that stage ready to scale.
Finally, you can stop guessing what your brand needs. With the right pieces in place, your brand will be ready for its next leap of growth.
If you like sports and entertainment stories, easy-to-understand explanations, and plenty of examples, you’ll love how this book demystifies your brand woes and helps you fix them.
Listen to the Interview…
- Teenage Wastebrand: How Your Brand Can Stop Struggling and Start Scaling by Evelyn Starr
- E. Starr Associates
- Bullseye Marketing: How to Grow Your Business Faster by Louis Gudema (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Marketing Rebellion: The Most Human Company Wins by Mark Schaefer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Smart Marketing for Engineers: An Inbound Marketing Guide to Reaching Technical Audiences by Rebecca Geier (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Business of Expertise: How Entrepreneurial Experts Convert Insight to Impact + Wealth by David C. Baker (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) by Seth Godin
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Dan and Chip Heath
- The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less by Barry Schwartz
- Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done by Jon Acuff
- Humor, Seriously: Why Humor Is a Secret Weapon in Business and Life (And how anyone can harness it. Even you.) by Jennifer Aaker and Naomi Bagdonas
- Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for your Ideas, Business and Life Against All Odds by Mark Schaefer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.