unReceptive: A Better Way to Sell, Lead, and Influence by Tom Stanfill
About the Book
A large and growing number of people are distracted, overwhelmed, and isolated today and this has resulted in a steep decline in receptivity to another sales pitch, call, or email.
And the harder you try to sell, the greater the resistance.
Unreceptive reveals the surprisingly simple and refreshing solution to this problem that is a sharp contrast to traditional approaches to selling, revealing why the receptivity of an audience is far more important than the power of the message.
In this groundbreaking new guide, Tom Stanfill shares his proven methodology, road-tested over decades by hundreds of thousands of sales professionals, workshop participants, and industry experts, on how to convert even the most disinterested prospects and customers.
This book will show you how to:
- Eliminate resistance and make selling easy and enjoyable, while experiencing a deeper sense of purpose.
- Overcome the five receptivity barriers – the customer’s perception of you, opening a “closed” door, uncovering the unfiltered truth, changing beliefs, and motivating the customer to take action.
- Adopt the tested and true operating system used by the most persuasive and influential people.
When you shift the focus from crafting the perfect message to creating receptivity, you flip the entire art of selling on its head and form lasting relationships that set you and your customers up for lasting success.
About the Author
Tom Stanfill is CEO and co-founder of ASLAN Training, a global sales enablement company appearing nine consecutive years in the SellingPower Top 20. Since 1996, ASLAN has worked with many Fortune 500 companies, training more than 100,000 sellers and leaders in over 35 countries.
And, interesting facts – he and his wife Claire have 14 grandchildren, and in the hot Georgia summer of 1980, Tom had the dream job of riding in a non-air-conditioned truck delivering 500 Coca Cola machines. He got the job because he was dating the Coca-Cola company president’s daughter!
Listen to the Interview…
- unReceptive: A Better Way to Sell, Lead, and Influence by Tom Stanfill (Amazon)
- Tom Stanfill (LinkedIn)
- ASLAN Training
- Other-Centered website
- 100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings: How to Get By Without Even Trying by Sarah Cooper (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, New and Expanded by Robert Cialdini (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Principle-Centered Leadership by Stephen R. Covey
- Different: Escaping the Competitive Herd by Youngme Moon
- Get Different: Marketing That Can’t Be Ignored! by Mike Michalowicz (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Sell Different!: All New Sales Differentiation Strategies to Outsmart, Outmaneuver, and Outsell the Competition by Lee Salz (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- An Audience of One: Drive Superior Results by Making the Radical Shift from Mass Marketing to One-to-One Marketing by Jamie Turner
- The Qualified Sales Leader: Proven Lessons from a Five Time CRO by John McMahon
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.