Outbounding: Win New Customers with Outbound Sales and End Your Dependence on Inbound Leads by Skip Miller
About the Author
Skip Miller is the founder and president of M3 Learning, a sales and sales management training company based in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Skip has trained hundreds of companies in 38 countries. His clients read like a who’s who in technology including companies like Zoom, Apple, and Google. Outbounding is his seventh book
And, interesting fact – Skip learned the hard way that being unprepared for cold-calling is a surefire way to lose your job when he started his career in sales and quit after only one day on the job!
About the Book
Too many companies have let their salespeople devolve into an order-taking, customer “farming” team where the focus is on following up on inbound leads or just trying to upsell current customers. Outbounding shows them how to power up the sales function with proven strategies that deliver breakthrough results.
Many sales organizations have fallen into an overreliance on inbound lead generation.
However, when the early and easy inbound leads dry up and marketing and social media efforts stop yielding the results enjoyed previously, the need for outbound activity becomes more crucial than ever.
This is the critical time in the life of a business when organizations with a top-notch team trained to sell outbound successfully will rise head and shoulders above the rest.
There are no two ways about it, outbound selling can be intimidating even to the most senior rep. Yet that same intimidation around cold calling and outbound sales can be transformed into confident success … if you have the right tools at your disposal.
This book equips salespeople with the knowledge, training, and road-tested sales tactics to raise the success rate (and even the enjoyment level) of their outbound sales.
Outbounding provides sales teams with everything they need to:
- Have the right tools to outbound and not to just harass
- Learn how to outbound to the C-Suite as well as the manager level
- See prospect meetings less as win-lose battles and more as opportunities to use problem-solving skills
- Utilize templates and ideas that really work and can be adapted to one’s own style
Listen to the Interview…
- Outbounding: Win New Customers with Outbound Sales and End Your Dependence on Inbound Leads by Skip Miller (Amazon)
- Skip Miller (LinkedIn)
- M3 Learning
- Proactive Outbounding (additional tools from the book)
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Competing on Value by Mack Hanan and Peter Karp
- SPIN Selling by Neil Rackham
- Cracking the Sales Management Code: The Secrets to Measuring and Managing Sales Performance by Jason Jordan
- Jeb Blount books
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, Host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.