Selling the Price Increase: The Ultimate B2B Field Guide for Raising Prices Without Losing Customers by Jeb Blount
About the Book
A practical guide for successfully navigating the single greatest growth and profit improvement opportunity for B2B enterprises: price increases
The payoff for implementing price increases without losing customers is massive! Effective price increase campaigns are far more effective at boosting topline revenue and generating profits than acquiring new customers.
The problem is that price increase initiatives, whether broad-based or targeted to specific accounts, strike fear and anxiety into the hearts of sales professionals and account managers who are tasked with selling them to their customers.
Approaching customers with price increases sits at the tip top of the pantheon of things salespeople hate to do because they fear that raising prices will reduce sales volume or open the door to competitors.
Yet when sold effectively, customers accept price increases, remain loyal, and often buy even more.
In Selling the Price Increase: The Ultimate B2B Field Guide for Raising Prices Without Losing Customers, celebrated sales trainer Jeb Blount reveals the strategies, tactics, techniques, and frameworks that allow you to successfully master price increase initiatives.
From crafting effective price increase messages to protecting hard-won relationships, handling common objections, and making the case for the value you deliver, this comprehensive guide walks you through each step of the price increase sales process.
In each chapter, you’ll find practical exercises designed to help you master the Selling the Price Increase system. As you dive into these powerful insights, and with each new chapter, you’ll gain greater and greater confidence in your ability to successfully engage customers in price increase conversations.
- How to navigate multiple price increase scenarios: broad-based, targeted, non-negotiable, negotiable, defending, presenting and asking
- The eight price increase narratives and three drivers of customer price increase acceptance
- How to neutralize and get past the five big price increase fears and anxieties
- How to avoid the big mistakes that trigger resentment and drive customers into the arms of your competitors
- The 9-Box Risk-Profile Framework for targeting accounts for price increases
- A repeatable process for confidently approaching price increase conversations
- The Five-Step Price Increase Messaging Framework
- Proven frameworks for reducing resistance and handling price increase objections
- How to negotiate profitable outcomes with high-risk profile accounts
- Winning strategies for coaching and leading successful price increase initiatives
Following in the footsteps of his blockbuster bestsellers Fanatical Prospecting, Sales EQ, Objections, Inked, and Virtual Selling, Jeb Blount’s Selling the Price Increase puts the same strategies employed by his clients—a who’s who of the world’s most prestigious organizations—right into your hands.
Selling the Price Increase is an essential handbook for sales professionals, account managers, customer success teams, and other revenue generation leaders looking for a page-turning and insightful roadmap to navigating the essential—and nerve-wracking—world of price increases.
About the Author
Jeb Blount is the author of 14 of the most definitive books ever written on sales and sales leadership and is among the world’s most respected thought leaders on sales, leadership, and customer experience.
Through his global training organization, Sales Gravy, Jeb and his team train and advise a who’s who of the world’s most prestigious organizations. His flagship website, salesgravy.com is the most visited sales-specific website on the planet.
And, interesting fact -Jeb Blount is now a member of a very exclusive club: The Marketing Book Podcast 6-Timers Club!
Listen to the Interview…
- Selling the Price Increase: The Ultimate B2B Field Guide for Raising Prices Without Losing Customers by Jeb Blount (Amazon)
- Jeb Blount (website)
- Sales Gravy
- Jeb Blount (LinkedIn)
- Jeb Blount (Twitter)
- Outbound Conference
- Mastering the Upsell by Victor Antonio
- FREE sales negotiation planner
- Leading Growth: The Proven Formula for Consistently Increasing Revenue by Anthony Iannarino
RISK PROFILE (mentioned @59:00 minute mark)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.