Everyday Business Storytelling: Create, Simplify, and Adapt A Visual Narrative for Any Audience by Janine Kurnoff and Lee Lazarus
About the Author
Janine Kurnoff is the Co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer at The Presentation Company, a business communications training firm that teaches innovative visual storytelling techniques to some of the world’s top brands, like Facebook, Nestle, Medtronic, Marriott, Accenture, and McDonald’s.
She is an accomplished keynote speaker and contributes her expertise to publications such as Forbes, Training Industry, and Inc. magazines.
Prior to founding The Presentation Company, Janine worked for Yahoo! Inc. in Sales Training and, later, as an on-camera webcast host where she interviewed some of Silicon Valley’s top CEOs, market strategists, and Hollywood celebrities.
She received her MBA in International Business from the Monterey Institute of International Studies.
And, interesting fact – she is fluent in Italian and Spanish!
About the Book
A practical, easy-to-use guide to transform business communications into memorable narratives that drive conversations―and your career―forward
In Everyday Business Storytelling: Create, Simplify, and Adapt A Visual Narrative for Any Audience, visual communication and storytelling experts Janine Kurnoff and Lee Lazarus leverage decades of experience helping executives at the world’s top brands―including Facebook, Nestle, Accenture, and Marriot―bring clarity and meaning to their business communications.
Whether you’re building a presentation, crafting a high-stakes email, or need to influence decisions in your next meeting with an executive, Everyday Business Storytelling offers an insightful exploration of how to develop compelling business narratives.
You’ll discover how to use a simple, repeatable framework to choreograph your ideas, data, and insights into an authentic, persuasive story. You’ll also find clever visual techniques to help humanize your stories and build an emotional connection with your audience, leading to improved presentation skills and effective data storytelling.
Just a few of the things you’ll learn from this business book include:
- The science behind why storytelling is the most effective way to trigger emotion in an audience and how to craft a business narrative that makes your ideas engaging
- The four signposts of storytelling and how to identify and weave in your BIG idea to capture attention
- How to craft expert headlines that guide your audience and advance your story
Everyday Business Storytelling is an indispensable guide to making your communications stick in the minds of your audience and drive change. If you’re a busy, talented business person responsible for executive presentations, one-pagers, emails, or virtual meetings, this communication book is for you.
Listen to the Interview…
- Everyday Business Storytelling: Create, Simplify, and Adapt A Visual Narrative for Any Audience by Janine Kurnoff and Lee Lazarus (Amazon)
- Everyday Business Storytelling (book website)
- Janine Kurnoff (LinkedIn)
- The Presentation Company
- Seeing What Others Don’t: The Remarkable Ways We Gain Insights by Gary Klein
- Standout Virtual Events: How to Create an Experience That Your Audience Will Love by David Meerman Scott and Michelle Manafy (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever by Michael Bungay Stanier
- The Premonition: A Pandemic Story by Michael Lewis
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.