Humanizing B2B: The New Truth in Marketing That Will Transform Your Brand and Your Sales by Paul Cash and James Trezona
About the Author
Paul Cash has led a 25-year career in business marketing and Entrepreneurship, starting in 1996, when he set up a screensaver software company. After that, he co-founded a technology marketing company (Tidalwave), which became the fastest-growing marketing agency in the UK and which he was once offered 19 million pounds for, which he turned down.
2013, having exited Tidalwave, he set up Rooster Punk, a business-to-business agency.
And, interesting fact – he is an FA qualified goalkeeper coach and runs a youth football team in Surrey at the weekends!
About the Book
There’s a new truth in B2B marketing: if you want to move products, you need to move minds.
Most companies suffer from a delusion, and it’s this: that buyers always make decisions in a rational, logical, and economic way. The result is a slew of features-driven B2B marketing that few people really care about. In recent years B2B customers have evolved. They don’t just want to buy from businesses anymore, they want to buy into them.
The problem is too few B2B companies realize this. They continue with the same product-centric marketing that increases revenue by a percentage point here and there. It seems safe but it’s dangerously short-sighted because it doesn’t deliver the transformational and long-term growth that makes businesses category leaders.
It’s even more important to address this issue at such a critical and delicate moment in the world economy. Marketing leaders require strategies that have an exponential, rather than an incremental, effect on the brand, marketing, and sales, and to implement them they need the new super-skills this book teaches.
This involves establishing a core purpose, shifting the focus from products to people, from features to feelings, and from messaging to storytelling, acknowledging that neuroscience has proved that people buy on emotion and justify with fact. In other words, it requires a completely different mindset to the one that’s prevalent right now, one called ‘Humanizing B2B’.
Listen to the Interview…
- Humanizing B2B: The New Truth in Marketing That Will Transform Your Brand and Your Sales by Paul Cash and James Trezona (Amazon)
- Humanizing B2B (book website)
- Paul Cash (LinkedIn)
- James Trezona (LinkedIn)
- Rooster Punk (agency website)
- Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders by Adam Morgan
- Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business, and Life by Rory Sutherland (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Significant Objects (multiple authors)
- 5 Principles Of Growth In B2B Marketing (B2B marketers must balance long-term brand building with short-term sales activation. Learn strategies for growth in this new research from experts Les Binet and Peter Field.)
- The Long and the Short of B2B Marketing (The Marketing Practice, in partnership with Marketing Week, investigates why certain B2B marketers outperform the competition.)
- Crossing the Chasm, 3rd Edition: Marketing and Selling Disruptive Products to Mainstream Customers by Geoffrey A. Moore
- Inside the Tornado: Strategies for Developing, Leveraging, and Surviving Hypergrowth Markets by Geoffrey A. Moore
- Technobrands: How to Create & Use “Brand Identity” to Market, Advertise & Sell Technology Products by Chuck Pettis
- Corporate Religion: Building a Strong Company Through Personality and Corporate Soul by Jesper Kunde
- The Pirate Inside: Building a Challenger Brand Culture Within Yourself and Your Organization by Adam Morgan
- Jean-Marie Dru (disruption books)
- Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamers, and Innovators Create and Dominate Markets by Al Ramadan, Dave Peterson, Christopher Lochhead, and Kevin Maney
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power by Shoshana Zuboff
- Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.