Marketing 6.0: The Future Is Immersive by Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, and Iwan Setiawan
About the Book
In Marketing 6.0, the celebrated promoter of the “Four P’s of Marketing,” Philip Kotler, explains how marketers can use technology to address customers’ needs and make a difference in the world.
In a new age of metamarketing, this book provides marketers with a way to integrate technological and business model evolution with the dramatic shifts in consumer behavior that have happened in the last decade.
Readers will learn about:
- The building blocks of metamarketing
- Generation Z and Generation Alpha and the technologies they use daily
- How to tap into metaverses and extended reality
- The potential obstacles and solutions for creating a more interactive and immersive experience
Marketing has evolved to address global challenges and changing customer expectations.
Incorporating sustainability themes and new technologies for customer engagement is essential for businesses to remain relevant.
Indeed, marketing has shifted from traditional to digital, but most customers still value some forms of human interaction.
As a result, multichannel and omnichannel marketing have become popular among marketers aiming to leverage both traditional and digital engagement.
Metamarketing goes beyond that and offers a genuine physical and digital convergence by providing a more interactive and immersive customer experience across physical and digital spaces.
About the Author
Philip Kotler is professor emeritus of marketing at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, where he held the S.C. Johnson & Son Distinguished Professor Of International Marketing.
He is one of the world’s leading authorities on marketing, widely regarded as the “father of modern marketing,” author of over 90 books, recipient of numerous awards and honorary degrees from schools around the world, and voted as the Number 1 Guru In Management in the list of Top 30 Gurus Of Management (2022).
The Wall Street Journal ranks him among the top six most influential business thinkers. He holds an MA from the University of Chicago and a PhD from MIT, both in economics.
Philip has an incredible international presence – his books have been translated into more than 25 languages, and he regularly speaks on the international circuit.
And, interesting fact – he’s 92 years old!
Listen to the Interview…
- Marketing 6.0: The Future Is Immersive by Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, and Iwan Setiawan
- Philip Kotler (website)
- Milton Friedman (Wikipedia)
- Marketing 3.0: From Products to Customers to the Human Spirit by Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, and Iwan Setiawan
- Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital by Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, and Iwan Setiawan (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Marketing 5.0: Technology for Humanity by Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya and Iwan Setiawan (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Second Life
- Ford Edsel
- Warby Parker
- Marketing Myopia by Theodore Leavitt, Harvard Business Review
- Entrepreneurial Marketing: Beyond Professionalism to Creativity, Leadership, and Sustainability by Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, Den Huan Hooi, and Jacky Mussry (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Dr. V. Kumar
- The AI Playbook: Mastering the Rare Art of Machine Learning Deployment by Eric Siegel
- My Life as a Humanist by Philip Kotler (2021)
- REGENERATION: The Future of Community in a Permacrisis World by Philip Kotler (2023)
- THE WICKED 7 – Can We Solve The World’s Most Urgent Problems?
- My Adventures in Marketing: The Autobiography of Philip Kotler (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions