The Sale Is In The Tale by John Livesay
About the Book
John Livesay, a keynote speaker and author of the business book Better Selling Through Storytelling, presents us with a business fable set in Austin, Texas.
It is about a sales representative whose old ways of selling are not working anymore. With the help of his colleague, he learns how to use storytelling in his sales meetings, which wins him more sales success than ever before. As a result, he becomes irresistible to his clients.
The Sale Is in the Tale reveals approaches that reach beyond business. They apply to many aspects of life, as the sales rep learns how to strengthen his soft skills. The reader accompanies the rep on his journey and learns how to use storytelling and strengthen their soft skills to improve their professional and personal relationships. By applying the methodology from The Sale Is in the Tale you will:
- Double your closing ratio
- Learn how to get people to go from saying “I’m interested” to “I’m in”
- Go from pushy to persuasive
- Tug at heartstrings to get people to open their purse strings
- Stop drowning in the sea of sameness
About the Author
John Livesay, aka The Pitch Whisperer, is a keynote speaker on storytelling as a sales tool, marketing, negotiation, and persuasion.
As a keynote speaker, John shares lessons from his award-winning career at Conde Nast to teach sales teams how to become irresistible so they are magnetic to their ideal clients.
His TEDx talk has over 1,000,000 views.
His other books are:
- Better Selling Through Storytelling: The Essential Roadmap to Becoming a Revenue Rockstar with a Foreword by Tim Sanders (2019)
- The Successful Pitch: Conversations About Going from Invisible to Investable with a Foreword by Judy Robinett (2016)
- The 7 Most Powerful Selling Secrets: Soar Your Way to Success With Integrity, Passion and Joy (2004)
John is a guest lecturer on leveraging the power of storytelling in sales at several universities including the University of Texas at Austin, Pepperdine Graduate Business School, and the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
And, interesting fact – he was once a lifeguard!
Listen to the Interview…
- The Sale Is In The Tale by John Livesay (Amazon)
- John Livesay (website)
- John Livesay (LinkedIn)
- Dealstorming: The Secret Weapon That Can Solve Your Toughest Sales Challenges by Tim Sanders (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- How to Be a Power Connector: The 5+50+100 Rule for Turning Your Business Network into Profits by Judy Robinett (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Content Chemistry: The Illustrated Handbook for Content Marketing, 6th Edition by Andy Crestodina (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Prepare for Impact: Driving Growth and Serving Others through the Principles of Human-Centered Leadership by Ryan Estes, Chad Estis, and Jim Eber
Additional Business Parable Books
- Smash the Funnel: The Cyclonic Buyer Journey–A New Map for Sustainable, Repeatable, Predictable Revenue Generation by Mike Lieberman (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It by Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg with Roy H. Williams (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Secret Lives of Customers: A Detective Story About Solving the Mystery of Customer Behavior by David Scott Duncan (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Go-Giver Influencer: A Little Story About a Most Persuasive Idea by Bob Burg and John David Mann (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
Additional Story-related Sales Books
- Sell with a Story: How to Capture Attention, Build Trust, and Close the Sale by Paul Smith (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The StorySelling Method: Master the Art of Storytelling to Build Trust, Stand Out, and Boost Sales by Philipp Humm (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions