The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Content Marketing, Podcasting, Social Media, AI, Live Video, and Newsjacking to Reach Buyers Directly (8th Edition) by David Meerman Scott
About the Book
The new eighth edition of the pioneering guide to generating attention for your idea or business is jam-packed with new and updated techniques.
As the ways we communicate continue to evolve, keeping pace with the latest trends in social media, including social audio like Clubhouse, the newest online video tools such as TikTok, and all the other high-tech influences can seem an almost impossible task.
How can you keep your product or service from getting lost in the digital clutter?
The eighth edition of The New Rules of Marketing and PR provides everything you need to speak directly to your audience, make a strong personal connection, and generate attention for your business.
An international bestseller with nearly half a million copies sold in twenty-nine languages, this revolutionary guide gives you a proven, step-by-step plan for leveraging the power of technology to get your message seen and heard by the right people at the right time.
You will learn the latest approaches for highly effective public relations, marketing, and customer communications—all at a fraction of the cost of traditional advertising!
The latest edition of The New Rules of Marketing and PR has been completely revised and updated to present the most innovative methods and cost-effective strategies.
The most comprehensive update yet shows you details about the pros and cons of AI and machine learning to automate routine tasks. Your life is already AI-assisted. Your marketing should be too, but there are challenges to be aware of.
The definitive guide on the future of marketing, this must-have resource will help you:
- Incorporate the new rules that will keep you ahead of the digital marketing curve
- Make your marketing and public relations real-time by incorporating techniques like newsjacking to generate instant attention when your audience is eager to hear from you
- Gain valuable insights through compelling case studies and real-world examples
The eighth edition of The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Content Marketing, Podcasting, Social Media, AI, Live Video, and Newsjacking to Reach Buyers Directly is the ideal resource for entrepreneurs, business owners, marketers, PR professionals, and managers in organizations of all types and sizes.
About the Author
David Meerman Scott is an internationally acclaimed business growth strategist whose books and blog are must-reads for professionals seeking to generate attention in ways that grow their businesses.
David’s newest book Fanocracy: How to Turn Fans into Customers and Customers into Fans, another Wall Street Journal bestseller, was co-written with his daughter Reiko.
The New Rules of Marketing & PR, now in its eighth edition, has been translated into 29 languages from Albanian to Vietnamese and is used as a text in hundreds of universities and business schools worldwide. It has become a modern business classic, with well over 400,000 copies sold to date.
And, interesting facts – David has worked on a Wall Street bond trading desk and was a male model. He collects artifacts from the Apollo space program and has a lunar module descent engine in his home museum. He has acted in TV commercials and the movies Chappaquiddick and American Hustle, and he even appeared in an opera production by Teatro alla Scala!
Listen to the Interview…
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Content Marketing, Podcasting, Social Media, AI, Live Video, and Newsjacking to Reach Buyers Directly (8th Edition) by David Meerman Scott (Amazon)
- David Meerman Scott (website)
- David Meerman Scott (LinkedIn)
- David Meerman Scott (Twitter)
- The Hype Machine: How Social Media Disrupts Our Elections, Our Economy, and Our Health–and How We Must Adapt by Sinan Aral (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Sweetwater Sound
- Winfluence: Reframing Influencer Marketing to Ignite Your Brand by Jason Falls (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Virginia Air & Space Center (Hampton, Virginia)
- Lockn’ Festival (Virginia)
- Rise of the Revenue Marketer by Debbie Qaqish (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Revenue Acceleration Playbook: Creating an Authentic Buyer Journey Across Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success by Brent Keltner
- Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business byAnn Handley and C.C. Chapman
- Inbound Marketing, Revised and Updated: Attract, Engage, and Delight Customers Online by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah
- Buyer Personas: How to Gain Insight into Your Customer’s Expectations, Align Your Marketing Strategies, and Win More Business by Adele Revella (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Carbon Almanac
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.