Stand-out Marketing: How to Differentiate Your Organization in a Sea of Sameness by Stacey Danheiser, Simon Kelly and Paul Johnston
About the Author
Stacey Danheiser is the Founder and CEO of SHAKE Marketing Group, a B2B marketing and sales practice based in South Florida, where she helps B2B organizations tune into and deliver customer value to drive business growth.
Prior to founding SHAKE Marketing Group, Stacey spent 15 years leading marketing strategy, field marketing and sales activation programs inside various Fortune 500 companies.
She is the co-author (with Simon Kelly and Paul Johnston) of Value-ology: Aligning Sales and Marketing to Shape and Deliver Profitable Customer Value Propositions (which was featured on episode 124 in May 2017).
And, interesting fact, she was born on Queen Elizabeth’s birthday!
About the Book
“How do we get customers to choose us over our competitors?”
In a crowded market, it’s imperative to demonstrate that you understand what your customers value and can communicate how you can solve their problems better than the competition.
Stand-out Marketing presents original research that compares the content produced by organizations in a range of sectors which demonstrates that customers are left swimming in a “sea of sameness” by copycat marketing that makes choice difficult.
On the back of this unique and fascinating research, Stand-out Marketing sets out a framework of five competencies for business leaders, marketing, and sales professionals to successfully differentiate themselves from competitors.
These include seeing the next competitive move, staying in tune with your customers and becoming indispensable to them, activating and evaluating initiatives, as well as building an organizational culture that enables these competencies.
Featuring interviews with industry experts, tools, and exercises throughout, Stand-out Marketing is an essential resource to help companies stand out, deliver genuine value, and achieve competitive advantage.
Listen to the Interview…
- Stand-out Marketing: How to Differentiate Your Organization in a Sea of Sameness by Simon Kelly, Paul Johnston, and Stacey Danheiser (Amazon)
- Stacey Danheiser (Shake Marketing)
- Stacey Danheiser (LinkedIn)
- Value-ology: Aligning Sales and Marketing to Shape and Deliver Profitable Customer Value Propositions by Simon Kelly, Paul Johnston, and Stacey Danheiser (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader: How to Succeed by Building Customer and Company Value by Thomas Barta and Patrick Barwise (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Marketing Flexology: How to Outsmart Change and Future-Proof Your Career by Engelina Jaspers (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Break the Wheel: Question Best Practices, Hone Your Intuition, and Do Your Best Work by Jay Acunzo (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- StrengthsFinder by Tom Rath
- The Sacred Enneagram: Finding Your Unique Path to Spiritual Growth by Christopher L. Heuertz
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed on Your Own Terms by Vishen Lakhiani
- Dr. Joe Dispenza books
- Wayne Dyer books
- Business Made Simple: 60 Days to Master Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Execution, Management, Personal Productivity and More by Donald Miller
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, Host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.