How to Sell In Place: Closing Deals in the New Normal by Tom Searcy and Carajane Moore
Tom Searcy is a nationally recognized author, speaker, and expert in large account sales.
How do we know he’s an expert? By the age of 40, Tom had led four corporations, growing them each from revenues of less than $10 million to greater than $100 million, and in the last case from startup to greater than $200 million; each in less than four years. This growth was organic, and achieved without buying, selling, or merging any of the four corporations.
Since then, he founded Hunt Big Sales, a fast-growth consultancy whose clients have landed more than $12 billion in new sales with 190 of the Fortune 500 companies, including 3M, Disney, Chase Bank, International Paper, AT&T, Apple and hundreds more.
He is the author of RFPs Suck! How to Master the RFP System Once and for All to Win Big Business and co-author of Whale Hunting: How to Land Big Sales and Transform Your Company, and How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett: Lessons from the World’s Greatest Dealmaker. His book Life After the Death of Selling: How to Thrive in the New Era of Sales covers the new buyer-driven economy, and how to survive extinction in the new era of sales.
He has written weekly online columns for Forbes, CBS MoneyWatch, and Inc.com, and has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Inc. Magazine, and many other business publications.
And, interesting fact: he was once in a business relationship with cofounder and CEO of Death Row Records and (now) convicted felon Suge Knight!
Listen to the Interview:
- How to Sell In Place: Closing Deals in the New Normal by Tom Searcy and Carajane Moore
- How To Sell In Place (book website with extra resource)
- Tom Searcy (Hunt Big Sales)
- Tom Searcy (LinkedIn)
- Suge Knight (Wikipedia)
- The Trusted Advisor by David H. Maister
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done by Peter Drucker
- Masterclass Online
- A Mind for Sales: Daily Habits and Practical Strategies for Sales Success by Mark Hunter (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Virtual Selling: A Quick-Start Guide to Leveraging Video, Technology, and Virtual Communication Channels to Engage Remote Buyers and Close Deals Fast by Jeb Blount
- The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation by Matthew Dixon and Brent Adamson
- The Challenger Customer: Selling to the Hidden Influencer Who Can Multiply Your Results by Brent Adamson, Matthew Dixon, Pat Spenner and Nick Toman (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you enjoy the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief (one sentence) review and we’ll send you a Marketing Book Podcast bookmark and laptop sticker!
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions