Any Insights Yet?: Connect the Dots. Create New Categories. Transform Your Business. by Chris Kocek
About the Book
Insights are like unicorns: mysterious and elusive, powerful yet elegant. They are the quintessential a-ha moment that all businesses are after, and yet very few people can agree on what an insight is or how they got one.
Any Insights Yet? demystifies the insight-building process in a way that can help any business leader or marketing practitioner get to higher ground.
Packed with real-world examples from leading brands and award-winning campaigns, Any Insights Yet? provides a dynamic step-by-step process for connecting the dots between data, observations, and human truths, resulting in powerful insights that can breathe new life into your brand and give your business a long-term competitive advantage.
In this fast-paced, 2-hour read, you’ll discover:
- The key characteristics of a true, transformative insight
- Proven techniques and provocative questions for building a better insight
- Simple methods to stress-test your insight and turn it into an actionable idea
- How to write and sell an insight so that it can inspire others and transform your brand
About the Author
Chris Kocek is an author, speaker, and founder of Gallant, a creative branding firm in Austin, Texas which has helped dozens of companies with brand overhauls, new product launches, and data-driven campaigns, resulting in triple-digit growth and national recognition.
Before starting Gallant, Chris worked in advertising as a strategic planner in New York City and Austin, Texas developing nationally recognized campaigns for Fortune 500 brands and highly respected nonprofits, including AARP, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Hyatt Hotels, Ace Hardware, and John Deere.
A frequent guest lecturer at the University of Texas at Austin, Chris is a regular contributor to Entrepreneur Magazine and author of The Practical Pocket Guide to Account Planning.
He graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles, and earned a master’s degree from the University of Texas at Austin.
And, interesting fact – he worked as an AmeriCorps Ranger in Canyonlands National Park in Utah!
Listen to the Interview…
- Any Insights Yet?: Connect the Dots. Create New Categories. Transform Your Business. by Chris Kocek (Amazon)
- Chris Kocek (website)
- Chris Kocek (LinkedIn)
- Gallant Branding
- The Practical Pocket Guide to Account Planning by Chris Kocek
- Everyone Mourned Snoop Dogg’s Smoking Days for Nothing — And He’s Laughing His Way to the Bank (Rolling Stone)
- DISCOVER Questions® for Connections, Clarity & Control: The 10th Anniversary Edition by Deb Calvert (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- INGENIOUS by Tina Seelig
- Zag: The Number One Strategy of High-Performance Brands
by Marty Neumeier
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon
- Unreasonable Hospitality: The Remarkable Power of Giving People More Than They Expect by Will Guidara
- The Creative Act: A Way of Being by Rick Rubin
- Breakout Brands: Why Some Brands Take Off…and Others Don’t by Jared Schrieber (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
The Most Interesting Man in the World
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions