The Next CMO: A Guide to Operational Marketing Excellence by Peter Mahoney, Scott Todaro, and Dan Faulkner
About the Book
The world is changing and so is the marketing profession.
CMOs and the next generation of marketing leaders need to read this book to develop a strategy for ensuring operational excellence to achieve their goals.
This book provides a best practices approach for forming your marketing goals, creating a strategy, building a plan, crafting impactful campaigns, optimizing budgetary spending, and measuring true ROI.
This book provides models, practical approaches, and templates to help the reader structure their own marketing strategy.
About the Author
Peter Mahoney is the founder and CEO of Plannuh, the AI-driven marketing planning, and budget platform.
Peter has degrees in Physics and Computer Science, and then showed up in the wrong room one day and ended up in marketing.
In his 30+ year career, Peter has built products and led marketing for startups and for multi-billion dollar public companies, including voice and AI innovator Nuance, where he was the chief marketing officer.
And, interesting fact – he is a graduate of the oldest existing school in the United States, the Boston Latin School, founded in 1635.
Listen to the Interview…
- The Next CMO: A Guide to Operational Marketing Excellence by Peter Mahoney, Scott Todaro, and Dan Faulkner (Amazon)
- Peter Mahoney (LinkedIn)
- Peter Mahoney (Twitter)
- Join The Next CMO Community (includes book resources and templates)
- Sway: Implement the G.R.I.T. Marketing Method to Gain Influence and Drive Corporate Strategy by Christina Del Villar (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Marketing Flexology: How to Outsmart Change and Future-Proof Your Career by Engelina Jaspers
- The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader: How to Succeed by Building Customer and Company Value by Thomas Barta and Patrick Barwise (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Whole Marketer: How to Become a Successful and Fulfilled Marketer by Abigail Dixon (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Stand-out Marketing: How to Differentiate Your Organization in a Sea of Sameness by Stacey Danheiser, Simon Kelly and Paul Johnston (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Dave Gerhardt
- The Next CMO Podcast
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari
- Obviously Awesome: How to Nail Product Positioning so Customers Get It, Buy It, Love It by April Dunford
- Founder Brand: Turn Your Story Into Your Competitive Advantage by Dave Gerhardt
- Kellblog (Dave Kellogg)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.