How Not to Suck At Marketing by Jeff Perkins
About the Book
If you’ve ever felt like you suck at marketing, you’re not alone. Survive and thrive in today’s digital world.
Let’s face it, marketing today is really, really hard. From the explosion of digital advertising options to the thousands of martech tools out there on the market, it’s virtually impossible to stay on top of it all.
Even more challenging is the deluge of analytics available, leaving marketers swimming in data but thirsting for knowledge.
But you don’t have to feel like you suck at marketing. Join award-winning marketing leader Jeff Perkins as he examines how to avoid the pitfalls and survive in today’s ever-changing marketing landscape.
Focusing on essential skills for modern marketers, How Not to Suck at Marketing prepares you to:
- Create a focused marketing program that drives results
- Collaborate effectively with the key stakeholders
- Assemble a high-performing marketing team
- Define and nurture your company (and personal) brand
- Build a focused career and find the right job for you
Digital tools allow us to track immediate results, but marketing has always been about the long game. Tackle your marketing strategy and build a focused career with this practical guide.
About the Author
With over 20 years of marketing experience, Jeff Perkins is a self-described marketing geek who frequently contributes to several marketing publications, speaks at lots of industry events, and has won numerous awards such as the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s MAX Award for marketing excellence and the Technology Association of Georgia’s Award for Marketing Executive of the Year.
Jeff is currently CEO at ParkMobile, but he started his career grinding it out in the NYC ad industry. His experiences range from traditional to digital, B2C to B2B, and agency-side to client-side.
And, interesting facts – he’s native of southern New Jersey, is a big fan of the Philadelphia Eagles and Bruce Springsteen (whom he has seen perform over 30 times)!
Listen to the Interview…
- How Not to Suck At Marketing by Jeff Perkins (Amazon)
- How Not to Suck At Marketing (book website)
- Jeff Perkins (LinkedIn)
- Jeff Perkins (Twitter)
- Park Mobile (they’re hiring!)
- RE:Think Innovation: How the World’s Most Prolific Innovators Come Up with Great Ideas that Deliver Extraordinary Outcomes by Carla Johnson (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Aligned to Achieve: How to Unite Your Sales and Marketing Teams into a Single Force for Growth by Tracy Eiler and Andrea Austin (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy by Captain D. Michael Abrashoff
- Renegade Marketing: 12 Steps to Building Unbeatable B2B Brands by Drew Neisser (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Well Made Decisions: Pro Tips for Finishing the Decisions You Start by Jennifer Davis
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.