The Six Disciplines of Agile Marketing: Proven Practices for More Effective Marketing and Better Business Results by Jim Ewel
About the Author
Jim Ewel is one of the leading voices on Agile marketing. He co-organized the first meeting of Agile marketers and co-authored the Agile Marketing Manifesto.
Since 2010, Jim’s Agile marketing consultancy has helped organizations adapt Agile to their marketing practice using his Six Disciplines and Four Shifts approach.
Today, his blog is one of the most trusted sources on Agile.
About the Book
Transform your organization using Agile principles with this proven framework.
The Six Disciplines of Agile Marketing provides a proven framework for applying Agile principles and processes to marketing. Written by celebrated consultant Jim Ewel, this book provides a concise, approachable, and adaptable strategy for the implementation of Agile in virtually any marketing organization.
The Six Disciplines of Agile Marketing discusses six key areas of practical concern to the marketer who hopes to adopt Agile practices in their organization. They include:
- Aligning the team on common goals
- Structuring the team for greater efficiency
- Implementing processes like Scrum and Kanban in marketing
- Validated Learning
- Adapting to Change
- Creating Remarkable Customer Experiences
The Six Disciplines of Agile Marketing also discusses four shifts in beliefs and behaviors necessary to achieving an Agile transformation in marketing organizations.
- A shift from a focus on outputs to one based on outcomes
- A shift from a campaign mentality to one based on continuous improvement
- A shift from an internal focus to a customer focus
- A shift from top-down to decentralized decision-making
Listen to the Interview…
- The Six Disciplines of Agile Marketing: Proven Practices for More Effective Marketing and Better Business Results by Jim Ewel (Amazon)
- Jim Ewel’s website (AgileMarketing.net)
- Jim Ewel (LinkedIn)
- 8-week Book Study Group
- Mastering Marketing Agility: Transform Your Marketing Teams and Evolve Your Organization by Andrea Fryrear (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Hacking Marketing: Agile Practices to Make Marketing Smarter, Faster, and More Innovative by Scott Brinker (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders by L. David Marquet
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk! by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Crossing the Chasm, 3rd Edition by Geoffrey A. Moore
- The Practice: Shipping Creative Work by Seth Godin (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- Running Lean: Iterate from Plan A to a Plan That Works by Ash Maurya
- Standout Virtual Events: How to Create an Experience That Your Audience Will Love by David Meerman Scott and Michelle Manafy (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, Host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.